1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Headlight and HID Kit: Best Choices?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Tenmile Tacoma, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Jun 21, 2012 at 3:45 PM
    Tenmile Tacoma

Tenmile Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCLB TRD Sport 4x4
    3 in Bilstein lift (6112s front, 5100s rear w/ 1.5in AAL) 285/70R17 KO2 RCI Rock Sliders & Engine Skid REKGEN Mudflaps K&N CAI
    Hey guys I am looking at getting a new set of headlights for my taco. Its a 2007 PreRunner 4.0L. I want to get Spyder headlights, but I'm not sure which would look the coolest. I want the "blackout" look so I was thinking about the smoked lights, but the black background ones look cool too. Also what is the best HID kit I could buy for around $100-$150 price range?

2. Jul 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    Rascal737

Rascal737 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    Abbotsford, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver DCLB TRD Sport 4X4
    Python 574 Remote start/Security system, reusable cabin air filter, led map and dome lights, led bed lights, switchback dtrl's, aftermarket dual halo projector headlights retrofitted with TRS goodies, foglights on anytime, Illuminated 4X4 switch, Redline hood struts and EZ down tailgate, Weathertech front and rear floor liners, Black Westin 4" oval step bars
    Hey nate,
    Theses are the one's I got.....made by spyder but bought on ebay
    these are the 3rd gen lights.....if you search the forums in the lighting department, there are lots of comments about these (not specifically this model) types of lights
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

beam pattern is not great, i have halogens in them right now

[​IMG]

but I'm gonna do an HID projector retrofit on them soon.....probably going for the morimoto mini H1 Stage III kit from www.theretrofitsource.com

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top