1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anybody with an OEM roof rack? NEED YOUR HELP!

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by The Traveler, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Aug 2, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    The Traveler

The Traveler [OP] Desert Chief

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Prerunner
    Hey guys, so I'm looking into buying an OEM roof rack, but I need to know if my Yakima basket will work with it before pulling the trigger.

Anybody with a 2nd gen double cab have an OEM roof rack on their truck, and is willing to test-fit my basket on their truck? I can meet you somewhere or come to you (as long as it's not too far) if that's more convenient.

Please let me know, thanks guys. :D

[​IMG]

2. Aug 8, 2012 at 4:28 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    I have an OEM roof rack and plan on purchasing a basket (not sure what brand yet). My intention though is not to place it on the roof but instead have a couple of cross bars fabricated to I can put it above the bed instead. There is a slight chance I might sell my roof rack but haven't decided. Anyways, when I get the basket, I can always lay it on the roof and check out the placement if you already haven't done so. Not sure how soon you plan on pulling the trigger. Let me know.

3. Aug 8, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    The Traveler

The Traveler [OP] Desert Chief

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Prerunner
    Albert, thanks for the response. I have no pulled the trigger yet, and I'm in no hurry. If you ever get a chance to place it on the OEM rack, please let me know how the fitment is. Better if you PM me, because this thread will probably die out.

4. Aug 8, 2012 at 6:25 PM
    Brandon H

Brandon H Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newhall, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC Offroad
    2017 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium. Icon stage 7, RCI skids, SCS SR8 wheels, budbuilt sliders, 285/70/17 BFG Ko2s (Old rig) 07 Taco TRD Offroad FUlly Locked, Icon Extended Travel CO's w/ remote resis., Alcan AAL's,Icon Remote Resi Rear Shocks, All Pro Front bumper w/ warn 9.5xp,winchline synthetic winch cable,All Pro IFS Skid plate, OME Shims, OME Carrier Bearing drop, Trail Gear Sliders, Yakima Load Warrior Basket, OEM Roof Rack, Hi Lift Extreme, Cobra model 19, Wilson Lil Wil Antenna, Yaesu ft-7800
    Here you go:

DSC_6189_a56ac0aa679761736f0f5db78ff1edde1d2164b6.jpg

My old setup. Worked great , but there was a lot of noise from the hi lift up there. Looked really cool though. This was a Yakima load warrior with extension. Fit good. I have also heard you can run the mega warrior but you have to botch the rear clamp to make it work with the OEM rack

Products Discussed in

To Top