1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to me 2009- need help figuring out Sirius sat connection

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kingston73, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Aug 8, 2012 at 3:58 AM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    I just bought an 09 with the single cd head unit and wired for sat radio but not actually connected yet. My wife's Honda crv was the same situation but it was a lot easier to figure out what I needed for hers, tssRadio had a package with everything needed for the hookup. I have looked at several different components but am not sure what I need, I have the xm button on my radio but no reciever. I searched but couldn't find a clear answer, thanks ahead of time.

Oh yeah, these 2nd gens are nice! I was actually thinking about getting a frontier:eek:

2. Aug 8, 2012 at 4:25 AM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/11978-2009-tacoma-satellite-antenna-location.html check out this thread, it shows you were to get the adapter to use the stock satelitte antenna and shows you where to hook it in. Then you hafta get a siriusxm receiver, i got mine from crutchfield for $60 andbit came with a $50 mail in rebate so it was only $10. Im not sure what connection is in the back of the stock radio tho because i went aftermarket, i would assume the connection is universal tho.

3. Aug 8, 2012 at 4:36 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
  4. Aug 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    The setup i was talkin about wont work with the stock radio, worked great with aftermarket tho which i recomend because the stock system sucks. But ya ^^^he's right, you need a reciever specifically made for the toyota stereo

5. Aug 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    jbrenn

jbrenn Well-Known Member

Member:
    allen texas
    Vehicle:
    10 sr5

Products Discussed in

To Top