1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Feeler: stepside gate

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (1995-2004)' started by SoTexTacoma, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Aug 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM
    SoTexTacoma

SoTexTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    AllOver, TX
    Vehicle:
    '14 TRDOffroad
    BP-51 w/Dakars MobTown Hybrid Bumper All-Pro skids Redline Hood Struts AllPro bed bars
    So, I have been considering installing an airgate. I like how they look and hear they also provide some fuel economy. Need the cash to fund a backpacking trip in the fall and there is some gear I need. I have looked all over the internets and couldn't find a price. I,ve seen regular gates and they seem to run anywhere between $350-$600. I know the stepsides are RARE and it seems the gates are more so. Might ask $400 OBO. What does the community think?

IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg

2. Aug 15, 2012 at 11:40 AM
    Taco Dan

Taco Dan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser auto 4X4
    Snorkel, Cooper ST Maxx 255/80/17, diff breather relocate, Cobra ultra III cb radio set up Warrior Products front bumper
    i don't know man, i know you need the money but this is one of those moments where you will regret selling it down the road. as far as fuel economy, you wont gain any, you may even lose some(watch mythbusters, they did tailgate up mpg vs tailgate down/no tailgate mpg). its up to you, but it also looks like your tailgate size is rare, so if you did sell it and wanted it back in the future, its gonna be hard to track one down.

whatever you chose to do, $400 is a little steep for a 1st gen. just my opinion tho

3. Aug 15, 2012 at 11:51 AM
    TacoDaTugBoat

TacoDaTugBoat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goshen, Ct
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport
    I wouldn't start to part out the truck for $. If for no other reason, it will hurt the resale.

4. Aug 15, 2012 at 12:21 PM
    SoTexTacoma

SoTexTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    AllOver, TX
    Vehicle:
    '14 TRDOffroad
    BP-51 w/Dakars MobTown Hybrid Bumper All-Pro skids Redline Hood Struts AllPro bed bars
    I have absolutely no plans for resale. My 9 year old has already asked me for the truck! I will put the net which Mythbusters proved to increase efficiency by 5%. I've been on the fence for a while now and just want a feel for what it could fetch me.

Products Discussed in

To Top