1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME Lift Front Low

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by cmacattack, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Aug 17, 2012 at 11:22 AM
    cmacattack

cmacattack [OP] Member

Member:
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver Long Bed SR5
    OME Suspension, Leer 100R Cap
    I am getting a little excited and skipped right over the first time poster thread. I just graduated college, got a job, and bought my first Tacoma! Yahoo!!!

Anyway, it is a 2007 dbl cab, long bed, sr5 model.

It came with OME rear shocks with Dakar spring pack. From center hub to bottom fender it measures 25". I do not know what shock system this is as I have never owned a truck before (first timer here!) and thus never had OME. I couldnt find any identifying numbers on the shocks themselves and the stickers on them are pretty worn.

Rear:
    [​IMG]

The front springs I couldn't find any OME identifying marks and was wondering if you guys and gals could help me out. The front from center hub to fender is 22.5". A whopping 2.5" difference. Is this normal? Seems to me (a novice at this point) it should be closer to the same?

Here is a picture of what the front shock looks like:
    [​IMG]

I tried pouring through the old threads with the search but couldn't find much to answer these questions. The ride is very smooth as it is now but I was just curious if anyone could help me out in figuring out what I have here. Thanks! Glad to be here!

2. Aug 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    Welcome to TW from Ferntucky, NV
    You probably have OME all around. Normal rake puts the front around 1" to 1.5" lower if I remember correctly. The older OME coils had a problem that they would sag over time and were replaced with the X series. You could ether replace the coils with 885x that would give you 2.5" over stock. Or the less expensive route add a 0.5" spacer that would give you 1" more lift in front and put you close to stock rake. How long are the 3 bolts on top of the coil/shock assembly? Long enough to add 0.5" spacer or if not you need to disassemble to add longer ones. Best bet would be to replace front with 885x & the new design shocks & might as well replace the rear shocks as well.
    I have a full OME lift and love it.

3. Aug 17, 2012 at 12:07 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    The rear shocks are N182's and the fronts are probably N140S , the newer fronts are N90000

4. Aug 17, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    cmacattack

cmacattack [OP] Member

Member:
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver Long Bed SR5
    Would i be able to put new 885 springs in the front to replace the current ones our would i need to upgrade the shocks as well?

Thanks for the replies.

5. Aug 17, 2012 at 7:26 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    You can just replace the coils

6. Aug 17, 2012 at 9:07 PM
    cmacattack

cmacattack [OP] Member

Member:
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver Long Bed SR5
    But a more popular option would be to replace shocks and springs?

7. Aug 17, 2012 at 9:09 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    That would ensure everything is in good shape , but may not be needed if the shocks are in working order

Products Discussed in

To Top