1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

whos got 2nd gen OME with dakars? how much rake?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by evanmb31, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Aug 22, 2012 at 8:00 AM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Well looks like im not getting dakars anytime soon. My truck was broken into last night and they took $400. For some reason the didnt touch my $1100 stereo. I have video of them but its not clear enough for id and there was no vehicle. Guess its my fault for leaving my truck unlocked. I was staying in a neighborhood with all million dollar or more homes. Guess no where is a "safe" neighborhood anymore.

2. Aug 22, 2012 at 8:06 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Did you leave your wallet in the unlocked truck ?

3. Aug 22, 2012 at 8:14 AM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    not whe you are within arms length of "gun waven" or new haven. CT is small dude......scum from the cities have an easy time getting to those million dollar houses. Hartford is the same way.......one second you are in the north end......next you are on governors row where houses are big bucks.

Always lock your shit..........no matter where. I know some say leave it unlocked cuz theyre just gonna break the window but I say screw that.

Sucks dude.:(

4. Aug 22, 2012 at 8:17 AM
    Mountainguy

Mountainguy Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Pemberton, Bc
    Vehicle:
    10' 4door 4x4
    Old Man Emu Suspension upgrade. LED’s all around. Too much polyurethane to mention
    Bummer about the Bozos stealing your wallet. If ya' catch em' Nail their balls to a stump and kick em' over backwards. There was a rash of petty theft here and we caught two 15 year olds from down the street red handed at 3:30 in the morning. Their parents were not impressed.

5. Aug 22, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    Banff2007Tacoma

Banff2007Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Black Sand Pearl TRD Offroad.
    GPS Navigation System, Old Man Emu complete lift with Dakar springs. Light Racing UCA's. BFG AT tires, KMC Enduro rims, Allpro E-locker guard. ARB Portable Air Compressor CKMP12. Backflip Tonneau Cover. Wet Okole seat covers.
    I also have an access cab and I got the 885 coils and no top spacer with the Dakars and I have the factory rake. If you do a lot of hauling I suggest getting the Dakars, very nice. Good luck and looking forward to the build. Cheers.

6. Aug 22, 2012 at 8:40 AM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Yep It happene in lyme, in a somewhat rural area to, for the shoreline at least. And ya i left it unlocked with my wallet in the center console. They took that and a pack of smokes, didnt go in my girlfriends car with an ipod in the front seat. Didnt go in the Sequoia with a 2000 dollar nikon camera in the front seat. Im thinking it was some kid, the security goes couldnt tell anything tho from the security cam. Shoulda locked my door! I bet the were just kids so i doubt they would have forced their way in, especially since my wallet was out of view. The took my pack of smokes too haha

7. Aug 22, 2012 at 9:35 AM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    I'm tempted to go camp out in the bushes and find this asshole, if it was my house i probably would. My girlfriend was housesitting for a wealthy family and they let me stay with her because she doesnt like sleeping in a house alone. I am hoping the home owners will let me watch the security video, only the security guys have seen it so far. I reported it to the police even tho i know they cant do anything about it. Lyme also has no police department and state troopers are rarley in the area. I never lock my truck, guess ive learned the hard way.

8. Aug 22, 2012 at 10:17 AM
    06taco

06taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brendan
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 4-door TRD Sport
    *TRD Supercharger *3" OME lift kit *Dakar rear leaf springs *Total Chaos UCA *TJM T15 Plate Bumper *TJM Stealth 9000 winch
    I think I might order a top plate spacer for the drivers side and swap the leaf springs. Do you think I could just crank the drivers side more or should I just buy the spacer to fix the taco lean?

9. Aug 22, 2012 at 11:12 AM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    Nada....

Awesome find!! I went to check, and found a + on the driver's side and a O on the passenger side. :mad: I guess it's not that.... wondering if my shocks were made too short on one side. How does yours NOT lean? Or have you corrected that? +1 for digging that picture up, though!

[​IMG]

Sorry to hear that, OP. Hopefully they catch the perps.

10. Aug 22, 2012 at 11:16 AM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Mike , I'm not familiar with your front coil type , but you may be able to run a 1/4" top plate spacer on the driver's side tp correct your lean issue

11. Aug 22, 2012 at 11:21 AM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    ya.....just pack a gun and follow the next suspicous lookng kid. Then stand your ground.;)

Def sucks bro but you made it real easy for them.....and lyme is touristy as hell. I bet the local hood rats make some good ching off people just enjoying the CT shoreline. Karmas a bitch and they will get theirs.....honestly if you could somehow identify the POS on cam by his clothes then I too probalbly would want to exact revenge but life it too short to deal with shitheads. LOCK THAT RIG UP!

12. Aug 22, 2012 at 1:57 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Ok back on topic. Did you get new UCAs also? maybe i should just suck it up and go for a full 3" in front and get UCAs.

Edit-nevermind just looked at your build answered my own question haha. So from what ive learned on here the light racing UCAs are so popular because they allow for alot of adjustment, ive also read some UCAs will allow for more travel when paired with a extended travel coilover. Im not sure this is necesary for me since the truck is my DD and the occasional offroading i do is mostly crawling on rocky trails and some mud. I am just trying to look into all the options so i know i made the right choice when i purchase my new suspension.

13. Aug 22, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    Banff2007Tacoma

Banff2007Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Black Sand Pearl TRD Offroad.
    GPS Navigation System, Old Man Emu complete lift with Dakar springs. Light Racing UCA's. BFG AT tires, KMC Enduro rims, Allpro E-locker guard. ARB Portable Air Compressor CKMP12. Backflip Tonneau Cover. Wet Okole seat covers.
    Yeah sorry I forgot to mention that I do have the UCA's, the Light Racing ones. Some say you need them and some say you don't but I thought since I am putting on a new suspension I might as well go for it. No regrets.

Good luck.

14. Aug 22, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    bridgcat

bridgcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    Those are mine. Plus side is on the drivers side facing forward.

15. Aug 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Whatsup bridgcat, you get that grillcraft yet? How do you like those camburg UCAs and extended travel icons? Im trying to decide what direction i want to go for my lift, im most likely getting dakars but im still not sure about the front

16. Aug 22, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    DaWillDaBeast

DaWillDaBeast Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 with some goodies
    Things
    I pulled a leaf from my dakars making my back around 2.5" and softened up the ride a bit, but it can still handle a heavy load just fine.

17. Aug 22, 2012 at 6:45 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Damn , caught in the copyright infringment

My bad :)

18. Aug 22, 2012 at 7:02 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    I'm really liking this idea, just gatta buy some now.

19. Aug 22, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    16 Sierra SLT All Terrain
    Readylift, Truxedo, Husky Liners, Carven
    He has kings in front. Just needs to crank em up a bit

20. Aug 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM
    bridgcat

bridgcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    Grillcraft has been ordered...hopefully it'll be here soon! lol. I have no complaints on the UCA's or the Icons. I read about people complaining of a hard ride but mine rides like a boss! I still have them set at what they came on from the factory and I'm clearing my 285 bfg's with no problem except when I turn at full lock in reverse (but I haven't really put it all to the test yest). The dakars were a little stiff to begin with but they have softened up and are pretty smooth, even when towing my boat. I have 0 complaints all around with my setup.

Ha! No worries Oz!

Products Discussed in

To Top