1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CB Radio Antenna Mount

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Evil Monkey, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Apr 25, 2009 at 8:24 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey [OP] There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    So I've been looking for a place to mount a CB Antenna. I didn't want to use a magnet base and I don't have easy access to the rails since I have the BakFlip cover on the truck. I also didn't want to drill into the truck. So here's what I came up with. I found a thin bracket that was pretty strong. I loosened the black metal cover at the back of the tailgate and slipped the bracket behind it. I drilled a hole where one of the stock screws was located. It holds pretty firm with one bolt. When I'm not using it, I can just remove the one bolt and take the bracket out. It doesn't interfere with the tailgate or the cover and doesn't block any lights. The bolts are in finger tight right now. I just wanted to mock it up. I'll get some shorter ones to replace the ones on there now.

Sorry for the graininess of the pictures. It was dark out and I used the cell camera:
    antenna mount.jpg
    antenna mount 2.jpg

2. Apr 25, 2009 at 8:26 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Not a bad idea rob i like it, if i ever get a whip thats what i will do.

3. Apr 25, 2009 at 8:44 PM
    duckcmdr

duckcmdr If it flies it dies!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    ARB Winch Bumper, Cabelas trial gear 2 mats, Wade vent shades, rear TSB, Toytec TSB AAL ,5100's set to 0,886 coils w/top plate 285/75/16 Treadwright at on Raceline Raptors, Toytec Diff drop, Bud Built Skids,Total Chaos LCA Skids,Devil horns,LED Dome Light,Scan Gauge, Rear Diff Breather, Revenge Fab Sliders. XRC 8 winch, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters 100 watt, Redline hood Struts & ez-down tailgate, G-stop extended SS brake lines,Homeroshi front grill and snorkle grill, relentless fab hc rear bumper
    pretty slick:thumbsup:

4. Apr 25, 2009 at 8:47 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    Thats a pretty handy spot to put one good job :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top