1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

This one fought a little but I eventually won.

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by Beefed Taco, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Aug 30, 2012 at 1:01 PM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco [OP] Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    18x9 +30 and stock axle = no tucky tucky. I was going to c-notch this truck and take it from 3/4 to 5/6, but realized after I turned his 4" Beefed blocks into 3" blocks and pulled a leaf that there was no way these flushed out meats were going to tuck. Even with my normal fender trim.

So I take it apart (for the 2nd time) now I flip the overloads to happy to help raise and firm up the ride (95.5-2000 models has curved overloads unlike 01-04 that are pretty flat) and this helped. I could at least test drive it now. My findings....sitting like it did when it arrived but not bottoming out on the axle now, but too high for my taste , and I knew it would be for his taste too.

Back into the shop to get some new 4" blocks. Apart and back together for the 3rd time. Test drive...Taco Lean has it lower on the left and with as much time as I'm putting into the rear of this truck, back into the shop for a 1/2" Lean Spacer for the right. Apart and back together for the 4th time. The rear of this truck and me have become good friends.

I had to avoid the c-notch because this truck needs to bump out just before the tires hit the fenders or they'll get destroyed real quick. This brings me to my new idea I have of coming up with a offset bump stop kit (next to the frame not under it in stock location) that will allow the use of stock soft rubber bumps that the axle can can bump out on and be much softer than poly bumps. Look for the debut of this kit in the near future.

Onto the front. This was the easy end and what I did was supply some 01-04 stock coils and took 1-1/2 coils off. I shaved the top of the coil flat so it won't wear throught the rubber pad and squeak. It dropped about 3/4" more than I thought it would but he likes the look alot. This truck handles really good...I did hit some turns pretty good on my test drive to go get a slurpy...it's been hot & muggy as hell here lately. Onto the pics...

1) How it arrived
    2) Lean Spacer bolted to leaf pack under 4" block.
    3, 4 & 5) Final test drive.

Franky1.jpg
    Franky2.jpg
    Franky3.jpg
    Franky4.jpg
    Franky5.jpg

2. Sep 1, 2012 at 3:42 PM
    Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    No, 20's look huge on 1st gens, 18's look perfect. 18's look small on 2nd gen's, and 20's look perfect. :thumbsup:

3. Sep 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM
    113tac

113tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray Tacoma
    Mostly Stock for now, 265 75 16 Falken AT3W, Tinted fronts...
    looks sick!

4. Sep 2, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    LOL! No, they look great on your truck because it's low enough to make them look great. It's the mildly lowered ones that could benefit from running 20's. (did I save our friendship?):)

Thanks! His truck rides really solid and just came from the paint shop, it's CLEAN and handles unbelieveably. Just ask my heart rate after my test drive.

5. Sep 5, 2012 at 5:34 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    think it's due to the wheel well. on the 2nd gens, it's a lot larger (22").

6. Sep 5, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    tango down

tango down Policy Ninja

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    peoples republik of IL
    Vehicle:
    12 Taco DCSB TRD Off Road
    LED interior, rail mounted ammo cans
    the fourth pic, the wheels look in sync with each other. I have never seen that on a non-photo shoot truck. Maybe it was chance or intentional. Either way, you made my OCD happy.

Great job on the truck.

7. Sep 11, 2012 at 3:45 PM
    Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    haha. I'm the same way. When I put a center cap back onto a wheel, I make sure it's lined up evenly with the valve stem. This also lets me know if someone removed the wheel between the time I put it back together and if the truck came back to me for more work.

8. Sep 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    those be some sexy wheels and tires. I would have loved an off set/adjustable bump stop on my last taco brian. why didn't that exist a year and a half ago?!

9. Sep 11, 2012 at 3:55 PM
    TacoDaddy

TacoDaddy Just call me Daddy

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport
    this thing would look so hard with a satin clear like andrew's truck (triad powderworks)

10. Sep 11, 2012 at 4:02 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    does anybody happen to know what brand these wheels are? truck looks sick. i love it.

11. Sep 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
  12. Jan 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 4x2 reg cab / 12 4x4 double cab
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    Damn you make me want bigger wheels now brian! BTW your kit worked perfect on my truck sir for the rear :)

13. Jan 7, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    Great to hear! I always appreciate feedback. I really like you guys over there in the 808. Super cool guys who love lowering their trucks! 90% of my drop parts go there these days! Streetacos thanks the 808 for the undying support!! :bowdown:

14. Feb 11, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    Phil Dammit

Phil Dammit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Your Mom
    Tempe, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    05 5 lug minitrucker
    4.5/5.5 drop, DJM arms, QA1 coilovers, 6lug leafs, QA1 18-way, rear swaybar, Batwing Big brakes, high flow cat, indy/hurst shifter, memphis amps, focal 3-ways, Eclipse AV unit, SunDown 10" custom box, TRD bucket swap.
    Why not do a LT bumpstop setup? A controlled means of slowing down the rate of the travel on the rear? Lt guys use them to soften up bump why not do it on a mini as well? Probably plenty of room to do a bolt up git right at the box end of a weld in notch

Products Discussed in

To Top