1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bolt question...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Earle, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Sep 13, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    Earle

Earle [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Earle
    Huntville, AL
    Vehicle:
    11 double cab
    Does anyone know if this bolt could have come off my 2011 Tacoma? I discovered in the area of my log splitter, which I had just retrieved from the shop. It did not come off the splitter and I've been unable to find where it could have come from off the truck. If the pic is not clear, it's a threaded, stepped bold, so it obviously fits into a two-diameter hole. If it's not off the truck, I'm totally at a loss...

IMG_2119_551c426d803fe7254d4dfcc3d1e5b9b867014f90.jpg

2. Sep 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM
    Taco Dan

Taco Dan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser auto 4X4
    Snorkel, Cooper ST Maxx 255/80/17, diff breather relocate, Cobra ultra III cb radio set up Warrior Products front bumper
    that's fairly hard just to rattle off. especially a 2 dia screw. i dont think it came off the yota.

could be wrong. that looks like something that would be found on the interior though with the fixed wing nut on top for easy removal without tools.
    my guess it that its from the "shop" you got the log splitter from. someone could have been working on something and miss placed the screw from another machine.

3. Sep 13, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    Earle

Earle [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Earle
    Huntville, AL
    Vehicle:
    11 double cab
    That occurred to me also. My truck was only at the small engine shop briefly to drop off and then to pick up the splitter, so not likely on the truck. More likely, it hitched a ride on the splitter, although the pavement was pretty rough in a one mile stretch on the ten miles or so from the shop. OTOH, I once pulled a camper from north AL to NC, with scissors sitting on the bumper of the tow vehicle...

Products Discussed in

To Top