1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AirFilter for '05 PreRunner 2.7L 4-cyl

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by LGODLIN, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Sep 16, 2012 at 5:14 PM
    LGODLIN

LGODLIN [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner
  2. Sep 16, 2012 at 6:09 PM
    scaplus

scaplus Well-Known Member

Member:
  3. Sep 16, 2012 at 6:13 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Got AFE in the cars and am very happy with their product and MORE happy with their direct customer service. I had taken improper care of my first filter, talked with them on the phone and they sent me a replacement one.

I was not aware washing the filter every 5k miles was bad for the filter element. I know shake it out every oil change and was every 10-15k miles+ depending on my driving during the time.

4. Sep 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Does it have to be a Fram?

FWIW I installed a Fram in my truck when I first bought it, I immediately noticed that the rubber seal on it is thinner and it did not take much effort to close the airbox. Ran it for a couple thousand miles and noticed that it had in fact been leaking around the seal. I went back to OEM from the dealership, it's not worth engine damage to save a couple bucks.

Now, I have an 09 four cylinder that is my issued vehicle at work. We buy air filters from NAPA. I don't have the NAPA number in front of me, but they always have them in stock.

Any local autoparts store should have these, otherwise they are dropping the ball. It's a common tune up part for a very common truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top