1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Something that's been in the back of my mind

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Oat, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Oct 7, 2012 at 7:13 AM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
  2. Oct 7, 2012 at 8:08 AM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    I think it's all filthy, dirty money. Them people get rich on a dime and become famous literally overnight and suddenly the world knows about them. Then of course, their fans want to know more about them and the media wants to start a gossip mill, and the rest is history.

I do agree, it is really sad the way members of our armed forces get the silent treatment. I think lots of them like to be left alone though. If the media started following decorated soldiers around they'd be trying to wring them of just about any detail they could, and I know most veterans would not appriciate that. Them guys/gals see things in combat that will scar them forever and haunt their dreams every night, for that reason, they probably appriciate being left out of the media. I was born into a military family, lots of my great grandfathers fought in both world wars, my great uncle was a member of the Special Forces in Vietnam, it is so top-secret the things he did there, that if he told someone about it, he would be forced to kill them after, part of a sworn oath. My Dad served in the US Army infantry just before Desert Storm, given, he never saw real combat. But was and still is a trained soldier, once a soldier, always a soldier he's told me. You never forget your training. And lastly, one of my uncles now has been serving in the US Army since slightly before 9/11, he's done several tours in Iraq and has been stationed all over Europe in recent years. He's never told me anything about combat and I am thankful for it, he is a very good man, but something about him has darkened since his time in battle. My uncle is the kind of man that appreciates being an unsung hero, as are most that serve I am sure.

Products Discussed in

To Top