1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Had to Modify ********* Brackets???

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by hendooman, May 8, 2009.

1. May 8, 2009 at 7:52 AM
    hendooman

hendooman [OP] The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    OK check this out. I got all the goods last week for my speaker install. Infinity Kappa 60.9cs (front), JL TR650 CXi (rears), ********* baffles all around with custom tweeter mounts, and a roll of Raam Damplifier.

I get the drivers door all damplified, get the baffle on all sealed and that, I go to put my door panel on and the top left corner where the speaker cover is hits the taco tunes baffle. WTF, I thought these things were custome made to fit. Look in the picture below and you will see the scratches on the door panel where the bolt on the top left speaker bolt was hitting it...the second picture shows how I had to cut the depth out of the bracket to make it fit. Not a big deal, but I am wondering if I did something wrong. For the passenger door I just went ahead and did the same thing just in case.

Camera phone photos but you will get wht I am talking about.

Did I do something wrong? I put one layer of damplifier on the outer door skin, and a skinny weatherstriping under the speaker baflle. It was not built up too high. I just don't get it, has anyone ever experienced this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. May 8, 2009 at 8:25 AM
    tussery

tussery Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Magnaflow muffler, TRD CAI.
    Yeah I had to do the same thing in my '09. I didn't take quite as much meat off as you did. I also didn't add any deadener.

3. May 8, 2009 at 8:28 AM
    hendooman

hendooman [OP] The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    yeah I thought it was a little much but taking off what I did didn't change the strength of the bracket so I went for it so I knew it would fit. I wonder if that door panel changed some on the 09's strange I had never heard of anyone having to do this on TW. Maybe I just missed it somewhere.

Products Discussed in

To Top