1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Good Cheap Security Measures to Prevent Car Theft

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FastEddie, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Aug 16, 2012 at 8:01 PM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    SWEET!

I had one of those. How I miss that car. I had the green with the 363 auto. I still kick my self for being young and dumb when I sold it for 1000 just because the rear end was going out. Stupid easy fix.

2. Aug 16, 2012 at 8:29 PM
    PhantomVirus

PhantomVirus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    People's Republic of NJ
    Vehicle:
    2012 Super White TRD OffRoad Double Cab
    Don't steal my tailgate Mod, Hardwired Valentine1 Radar Detector, Smitty N-FAB Nerf Bars, Led lights (Maps, overhead & rear License Plate), Debadged, TRD rim center covers, Replaced Chrome Grill with OEM Super White, PlastiDipped Toyota Logo on Grill BLACK, Distinct Offroad Custom light bar
    I had the 440 Magnum 6-pack, never saw a gas station it didn't like with a 4 speed Hurst shifter.....

Sold it to a friend and told him to not race it as I sold the Cragar SST's separately and put crappy rims on the car. Dumb ass raced it 1st weekend and totaled it around a tree. MORON

Miss that car, it was not in the best shape.

Take a look @ this `1970 with similar setup for $150K!!! Mine was not the limited edition.....

http://www.investmentmotorcars.net/inventory/detail/70RT/detail.htm

3. Aug 16, 2012 at 8:45 PM
    tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    I would have filed a complaint. they are there to serve you...

4. Aug 16, 2012 at 9:00 PM
    lavarider

lavarider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hilo, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Camp & Spearfish & Fish Buggy
    The build has started,full Allpro skids, BAMF diff & lca skid & sliders,allpro apex front bumper u-bolt flip , expo springs .Fox coilovers res shocks all around CBI rear bumper with hilift and spare holder no swaybar, Piaa lights Definded ENG. shackles and rear crossmember,Diff breather mod.CB.rocklights. All work done by me !!
    treble hooks strung with steel fishing line under the seat ! wired to the seat ! he reaches under the seat. wait wait got ya now for a ripoff massage with a baseball bat !!!! big island cop told me this one works great !!

5. Aug 16, 2012 at 9:02 PM
    aptech

aptech Jetfixer

Member:
    houston
    Vehicle:
    10 dc offroad
    toy teccoil overs 2.5 lift.600lb springs, allpro expedition leaf pack. cbi hybrid bumper, cbi slider,cbi rear bumper swing arm, roof rack ghostflames, sport hood, tsb steering, trd cai, red map lights, derp works custom platform for bed. backup cam any time mod, fog light any time mod. bed light mod. 400watt inverter mod. 2857516 dura tracs. beach sand intsall and a lot more shite
    lol that good but isnt there something against boobytraps. for instance you cant leave a 2x4 with nails sticking up at your window for home security.

6. Aug 16, 2012 at 9:10 PM
    lavarider

lavarider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hilo, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Camp & Spearfish & Fish Buggy
    The build has started,full Allpro skids, BAMF diff & lca skid & sliders,allpro apex front bumper u-bolt flip , expo springs .Fox coilovers res shocks all around CBI rear bumper with hilift and spare holder no swaybar, Piaa lights Definded ENG. shackles and rear crossmember,Diff breather mod.CB.rocklights. All work done by me !!
    no sir ! what boobytrap last time I went fishen put those under there I must have forgoten they were there ?

7. Aug 16, 2012 at 9:14 PM
    aptech

aptech Jetfixer

Member:
    houston
    Vehicle:
    10 dc offroad
    toy teccoil overs 2.5 lift.600lb springs, allpro expedition leaf pack. cbi hybrid bumper, cbi slider,cbi rear bumper swing arm, roof rack ghostflames, sport hood, tsb steering, trd cai, red map lights, derp works custom platform for bed. backup cam any time mod, fog light any time mod. bed light mod. 400watt inverter mod. 2857516 dura tracs. beach sand intsall and a lot more shite
    thats the prob id forget and catch myself lol:D

8. Aug 16, 2012 at 9:20 PM
    singlefin

singlefin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hood River, OR
    Vehicle:
    Syncro
    exactly.

9. Aug 16, 2012 at 9:23 PM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    Any write ups of this?

10. Aug 16, 2012 at 9:39 PM
    WARR4NT

WARR4NT Well-Known Member

Member:
    There are some shady people that work at some of the dealerships...takes them all of 2 seconds to get your home and work address from their system, and with your vin number, they can get a legit key cut with the chip inside programed to your vehicle.

11. Aug 17, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    newertoy

newertoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    East Tn
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 extra cab
    2" lift AAL and Bilstiens-front-rear,front diff drop. main drive drop
    Find the "ignition wire" at the fuse block--there should be a FUSE. Splice the wire to an ON/OFF switch.
    I did look in TW manuals --they just have older autos--you can do a search for the wiring of your truck--should tell you color and location. put the switch in a NON VISIBLE location
    Should be simple install---GET a GOOD switch --Electronic supply should have them. Just ask a sales person.

12. Oct 18, 2012 at 8:31 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Bumping an old thread, but something I have always wanted to do is wire up a starter kill switch, but with a twist. A starter kill isn't that hard to defeat, you can bypass it from under the hood, but what if that same switch changed the function of the "start" position on the keyswitch to activate the horn and lock it on?:D Find a way to lock the hood so they can't get to the battery easily to stop the horn, I think they'd leave at that point, unless they've got balls of steel.

13. Oct 25, 2012 at 2:50 PM
    bkrdave36

bkrdave36 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Wittmann,AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner Double Cab Black
    Daystar 3 inch lift, Icon Stage 3 Rear Leaf Springs, Durobump bump stops,Bilstein 5125 shocks, BFG All Terrain KO2 Tires, Avid Light bar and step rails, Victory 4x4 bed rack with Tepui Ayer Rooftop Tent, Anytime Fog light mod, Outside Air Temp Gauge mod, ImMrYo Rearview Mirror mod, Chinese Knockoff LED lights, Body Armor 4x4 Offroad Swingout rear tire carrier and bumper, Victory 4x4 Bed Stiffeners, Rattle can Custom Camo paint stripe, Truxedo Lo Pro tonneau cover, various Blue Ridge Overland Gear storage solutions in cab, thats it so far .... to be continued!
    One of these on the dash should do it...

[​IMG]

14. Oct 25, 2012 at 3:01 PM
    bkrdave36

bkrdave36 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Wittmann,AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner Double Cab Black
    Daystar 3 inch lift, Icon Stage 3 Rear Leaf Springs, Durobump bump stops,Bilstein 5125 shocks, BFG All Terrain KO2 Tires, Avid Light bar and step rails, Victory 4x4 bed rack with Tepui Ayer Rooftop Tent, Anytime Fog light mod, Outside Air Temp Gauge mod, ImMrYo Rearview Mirror mod, Chinese Knockoff LED lights, Body Armor 4x4 Offroad Swingout rear tire carrier and bumper, Victory 4x4 Bed Stiffeners, Rattle can Custom Camo paint stripe, Truxedo Lo Pro tonneau cover, various Blue Ridge Overland Gear storage solutions in cab, thats it so far .... to be continued!
    Or this.....

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top