1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ome Trim Packer

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by barker14, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Oct 26, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    barker14

barker14 [OP] sexual ninja

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Complete OME suspension with Dakar leaf pack. Clarion touch screen Sport hood Tri fold Tonneau cover
    Quick question. I tried searching for this and couldn't find it. I have my OME lift coming in possibly Monday or Tuesday and I just noticed that the kit doesn't come with the 5mm trim packer. I don't want to hold off on putting my suspension together just to order an 8 dollar part so I was wondering if anyone knew right off what the material was for the trim packer? I have access to a machine shop so I can easily make a 5mm spacer to whatever diameter the shock is and an OD that will work with the perch.

I don't know whether to make it out of stainless or some kind of plastic/rubber (delerin, polyeurothane, nylatron ect..)

It probably doesn't matter either way but I was just curious what the ome ones are made out of?

2. Oct 26, 2012 at 4:18 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    I believe OME trim packer is made out aluminum and shouldn't be made out of plastic or rubber since it sits between the shock and perch unlike the Toytec that sits between the top plate.

3. Oct 26, 2012 at 7:16 PM
    barker14

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Complete OME suspension with Dakar leaf pack. Clarion touch screen Sport hood Tri fold Tonneau cover
    I figured it would wear if it was made of a softer plastic or rubber. Aluminum is also quite soft though. It just looks like its black but that would be a paint or powder coat. I guess I'll just use a higher grade aluminum.

Thanks for the reply!

4. Oct 26, 2012 at 7:23 PM
    TeamLombardo

TeamLombardo WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    El Paso
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD Off-Road 4x4
    OME 886x, OME Trim Packer, OME Shocks, Dakars, Toytec Shims, LR UCAs, CB Drop, Demello Sliders, Pelfreybilt Plate Bumper, Warn VR8000-s, RI 20" LED, RI Duallys, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Liners, SS Brake Lines Front/Back, BHLM, Anytime Fogs, CV Boot Mod, 20% Tint, Stubby Antenna, Salex Console Organizer, Derped Grill/Badges
    Use a material that won't compress or corrode (rubber/plastic not a good idea). This ring holds alot of weight and should be strong. recommend high grade stainless steel.

5. Oct 26, 2012 at 7:26 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    It's not black , it's actually a brass colour

6. Oct 26, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Here

[​IMG]

7. Oct 26, 2012 at 7:36 PM
    TeamLombardo

TeamLombardo WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    El Paso
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD Off-Road 4x4
    OME 886x, OME Trim Packer, OME Shocks, Dakars, Toytec Shims, LR UCAs, CB Drop, Demello Sliders, Pelfreybilt Plate Bumper, Warn VR8000-s, RI 20" LED, RI Duallys, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Liners, SS Brake Lines Front/Back, BHLM, Anytime Fogs, CV Boot Mod, 20% Tint, Stubby Antenna, Salex Console Organizer, Derped Grill/Badges
    The OZ strikes again!

8. Oct 27, 2012 at 6:01 AM
    barker14

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Thanks oz. for some reason I thought that it was the black piece but that must be part of the spring perch/shock. Hmm. Looks like its going to be stainless or maybe aluminum bronze...

9. Oct 27, 2012 at 9:23 AM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    The black is the spring perch , the trim packer mounts just below that

brandonbryan12 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top