1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brought home a 1984 Lite Travel Trailer!

Discussion in 'Towing' started by MJonaGS32, May 10, 2009.

1. May 10, 2009 at 12:02 AM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 [OP] MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    I checked out this TT a few weeks ago, and have since read every single thread in the towing folder and have joined rv.net (great forum btw), just researching a whole bunch of stuff. I also don't want to leave out how much Adam (maverick) has also tremendously helped me via PMs with my newbish questions :D.

Without further ado...

This 1984 Lite Travel Trailer had a bunch of work previously done on it and the prev owner included all of the receipts to show for it. Some of the new upgrades consist of: new 2 way fridge, Atwood electric tongue jack, flojet macerator, new toilet, and new deep cycle battery. Actually, to correct myself, these additions aren't "brand new," but at most, 7 years old (still pretty much newer than 1984 :)). Not to mention that in the last 5 years, the trailer didn't move, it was stored in the prev owner's backyard. He also took care of the registration for this year!

I drove it 30 miles home over a few hills and over a bridge, all without my Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller and an anti sway system. All I used was a drop bar (8" drop because of my lift) and the taco handled it no prob. That of course will be the LAST time I do that, I just wanted to test out the truck's towing capabilities. The trailer is less than 2000 lbs dry, so I figured it was ok to try out.

I have a BUNCH of stuff to do to get it up and running at a level I'm comfortable with, but it is going to be a very fun renovating process for me. I've already started on getting rid of the smoke smell (as mentioned in my previous thread). I took out all of the upholstery and blinds, the screens are next. I'm fumigating it overnight, then going to air it out tomorrow and put a bunch of baking soda boxes throughout the TT. After, the febreeze shower shall begin. New flooring and wall paper will also be in the works.

I've confirmed that all of the tanks, water heater, water pump, city water, propane, oven, range, 2 way fridge, shore power, converter, are ALL in proper working order. There are no ceiling leaks, but there was once a very small leak near the dinette. I'll have to work on replacing the wood there or find a way so that the moisture doesn't expand.

I have a couple of months until my first planned camping trip this summer. As time comes, I'll post some before and after shots so you guys can follow along.

Oh and btw... I bought the travel trailer for only $300 off craigslist! :D:D:D Can you say STEAL!!!!!!

HPIM1783_e9dc2914e6c556c3af9bab9284ea8c9d97d72074.jpg

2. May 10, 2009 at 2:13 AM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    wow that is a steal. of course you're going to do work to it but in the end its all going to be what you want it to be right? haha maybe a new paint job too and face lift. make it match your truck haha.. add some tacoma tail lights :p

Products Discussed in

To Top