1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

E-locker wont un-lock

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by LBPtaco, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Nov 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    LBPtaco

LBPtaco [OP] Swab

Member:
    First Name:
    Winter
    California Maritime Academy
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD
    Total Chaos, SAW, Allied, Light Racing, Dakar, Billstein, Fox, URD, JBA, Demillo, Downey, Cooper, American Racing, B.A.M.F., Alpine, Ghetto Fab...
    My e-locker is stuck in the locked position. I can't seem to find a fuse/relay for the e-locker but I checked all the fuses anyway all fuses are still good. I've also checked all the connections under the truck, all are still plugged in and appear to be good. I'm thinking that my locker button is broken. Any ideas?

I noticed that my fog light button is not lighting up any more and im getting no juice to my fog light plugs (I havent ran fog lights in years with my tube bumper), not sure if this is related or not. My invertor still works.

Any recommendations on how to get behind the switches to see if everything is still plugged in? Any other ideas? I will jack the truck up and manually un lock it if I have to, I'd rather figure out what the real problem is tho...

Thanks!

PICT0078-1_2707c2d7def7551cb6a1aaa938aeb5b44d38941c.jpg

2. Nov 13, 2012 at 12:56 PM
    Carl Spackler

Carl Spackler Member

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD Off Road
    Cant help you with the Locker-
    -But I don't believe the Fog Light button lights up. Mine does not/has not since the day it was born.

3. Nov 13, 2012 at 1:21 PM
    Bookin

Bookin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Does the light for the power inverter come on? I don't have a locker, but my fog lights and power inverter quit working due to a fuse for the switches. The dealership fixed it under warranty. If I'd have known it was only fuse, I'd have done it myself.

4. Nov 13, 2012 at 1:29 PM
    LBPtaco

LBPtaco [OP] Swab

Member:
    First Name:
    Winter
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD
    Total Chaos, SAW, Allied, Light Racing, Dakar, Billstein, Fox, URD, JBA, Demillo, Downey, Cooper, American Racing, B.A.M.F., Alpine, Ghetto Fab...
    the light on the fog light switch used to come on with the rest of the dash lights when i turned on the headlights.

when i turn on the inverter the amber and green light come on, like normal.
    ill have to look again for a fuse for the switches, do you happen to know where its located? i know the fuse panel under the hood, and the small one behind the little change pocket under the steering wheel.

5. Nov 13, 2012 at 1:32 PM
    Sje1124

Sje1124 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 DBL Cab TRD OR 4x4
    Just a few
    My fog light switch lights up

6. Nov 13, 2012 at 1:33 PM
    Bookin

Bookin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sorry bud, I don't. The dealership did it. I'm sure someone smarter than me will help you out shortly.

7. Nov 13, 2012 at 1:50 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    It does on my 07... :notsure:

DSCN0341.jpg
    DSCN0343.jpg

8. Nov 13, 2012 at 2:08 PM
    LBPtaco

LBPtaco [OP] Swab

Member:
    First Name:
    Winter
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD
    whew, im not crazy! i knew mine used to light up.

just double checked all the fuses and they're still good.

Anyone know of a 3rd fuse panel?

9. Nov 13, 2012 at 3:03 PM
    BradyT88

BradyT88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Did you stick an ohm meter across the fuses to make sure they are good? I have seen fuses that look good but are cooked. Check the ecu plugs behind the glove box as well maybe one of them came loose or something. Be sure to remove the upper piece above the glove box to check the 4wd ecu specifically. Oh and there are fuses under the hood and fuses behind that little compartment below your locker and fog switches, did you check both?

10. Nov 13, 2012 at 3:15 PM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Would a blown fuse or disconnected switch lock the e-locker on? I would imagine the default absent electricity would be the e-locker off. Is the e-locker indicator on the instrument cluster working? If so, you know the e-locker is at least getting power up to that point. The problem is more likely why that power isn't getting removed (by the switch being off or whatever). Good luck with that. Since the problem can be nearly anywhere, tracing electrical problems can be a real pain.

11. Nov 13, 2012 at 3:17 PM
    LBPtaco

LBPtaco [OP] Swab

Member:
    First Name:
    Winter
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD
    Yes, I checked both locations with an ohm meter. I looked behing the glove box for anything that was loose, everything seemed good there. I'm a prerunner so no 4wd ecu for me...

Im giving up for now, just unlocked the rear manually. I have a spare e-locker motor at home, I'm gonna throw that on there next week when im home for Thanksgiving.

12. Nov 13, 2012 at 3:19 PM
    LBPtaco

LBPtaco [OP] Swab

Member:
    First Name:
    Winter
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD
    I am dreading the thought of tracing all the wires!

13. Nov 13, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    Pretty sure the fog light switch has a problem with staying lit...mine goes on and off. doubt that this would be related to your problem

14. Nov 13, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    . . . :popcorn:

15. Nov 14, 2012 at 7:39 AM
    Carl Spackler

Carl Spackler Member

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD Off Road
    Sorry. I misunderstood.

Yes, the fog lamp pushbutton does light up (backlight). But once pressed, it does not give you any additional indication that it is engaged. This has bothered me from day one.

That is what I thought you were talking about. Sorry.

16. Nov 14, 2012 at 9:24 AM
    LBPtaco

LBPtaco [OP] Swab

Member:
    First Name:
    Winter
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD
    no worries

As of now the axle is unlocked. I lifted up one of the wheels to release the torque from the diff and poped off the locker motor and was able to slide the locking pin (I guess thats what it is) very easily. The light on my dash is off too. Next week I'm gonna get into it to figure out what the hell went wrong, but at least i can drive the truck without screeching around corners!

17. Nov 14, 2012 at 11:17 AM
    Ghost848

Ghost848 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Alberta,Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 TRD OR Silver M6
    OME + Dakers, 285/75R16 Nitto Trail Grapplers, ARB Bumper, Columbia overland Dual battery, Super winch,CC stage 4 clutch, bestop supertop, URD TO bearing, BHLM headlights, Cruisin offroad rear bumper, Harrop front E-locker.
    Didnt happen to rip off ur 7 pin huh?

18. Nov 14, 2012 at 1:56 PM
    LBPtaco

LBPtaco [OP] Swab

Member:
    First Name:
    Winter
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD
    DVOM? I have a spare locker motor at home that im going to put in next week when im home for Thanksgiving, hopefully that solves it!

7 pin? :notsure:

19. Nov 14, 2012 at 1:58 PM
    GP3

GP3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    4X4 TRD Off Road
    Front: stock suspension, 12" wide fiberglass fenders Rear: stock suspension, 10" wide fiberglass fenders
    Flick the fog light button a few times while your headlights are on. The light will come back on.

20. Nov 15, 2012 at 9:26 AM
    LBPtaco

LBPtaco [OP] Swab

Member:
    First Name:
    Winter
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD
    Right on, yeah, I've got one of those.

Products Discussed in

To Top