1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Why not, my 2004 RM 125 build!

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by YotaKid62, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Nov 24, 2012 at 7:04 PM
    YotaKid62

YotaKid62 [OP] Dirty mall crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma TRD Sr5 5 speed
    Grey Wire Locker Mod, 3" coil spacers & custom leaf packs, 2" BL, Skyjacker rear nitro shocks, Monroe front gas shocks; 15" eclipse sub & 1400 watt visonik amp with Kenwood stereo, Billet Petals, Black Aries series Grille guard, ebay baja lights (unsure of brand)
    First off, Thanks for looking! My 2nd love happens to be my dirtbike so I figured I'd post up a build page for it, even though it isn't a toyota. I bought it back in '08 when I was in 8th grade and have owned it happily ever since. It came bone stock except for a set of yz bend protapers and scott handgrips. I may not have pictures in order of mods but I'll do the best I can.:eek:

Heres a recent picture. Ill have to get a good one since I put the pipe on.
    [​IMG]

And here it is the day I got it, or close to it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I didn't like the handgrips and was dying to get some bling so i got a factory effex fender graphics kit and a set of progrip grips. I also got a new brake lever since the old one was about an inch long. I eventually got an fmf shorty as my first performance mod. I love the way it changed the sound and I did notice a good increase in my low end power.

[​IMG]

This past summer I realized it was time for some more serious upgrades. I smoked my clutch bad riding out in the badlands so I had to fix that. I went with the dirtracer disk and spring kit. It was pretty cheap and very easy to install and I now have a pretty firm clutch.

I also did my top end with a wiseco kit since it was 4 years old. Alot of people say that you need to do it every year but I never raced and never had any problems, so it was fine. I just did it simply because I wanted more power and guessed the old piston was probably worn pretty bad. Heres some pics of it stripped down in my garage.

And here come the goodies!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    new piston
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Old piston
    [​IMG]
    New one installed. Oh, and Ill ad that I ALMOST dropped the wristpin keeper down in the case. I almost shat because i didn't want to be ripping apart a bottom end too. I got so lucky, it was just sitting on the edge of the crank. :eek: Next time ill make sure i have a rag covering the crank and case. Lesson learned, thankfully not the hard way.
    I also learned that its a bitch to get the the cylender over the ring and get the pin lined up.

But I did it, and here it is looking like a bike again. I also installed an fmf factory fatty and some vforce reeds. Surprisingly, no re-jetting required thus far.
    Oh, and I almost forgot that before all this I got some rockstar/makita/suzuki shroud graphics. Love the look.

[​IMG]
    I also have some acerbis handguardsbut don't have them on at the moment.

I also recently got some sealsavers and a motion pro seal cleaner. Very handy things to have.
    And I replaced the front tire with an artrax. So far its a good tire and the price is unbeatable.
    [​IMG]

Since I did all the upgrades the bike is scary fast to me. Theres no comparison to stock. Sadly I did lose alot of my bottom end power, but the powerband is crazy, even if it comes at a lot higher rpm. Its ok though because I plan to gear it lower since my sprockets and chain are shot anyway.

And heres some random pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the terrible pics, but its all I have at the moment. And yes, some of them ARE cellphone pictures of videos I uploaded on my computer because I haven't figured out how to capture a still shot and save it yet.

And last, but not least, one of the bikes in my truck, and yea, there's three of them in there :D
    [​IMG]

And heres one I just found with my pipe on.
    [​IMG]

Well there it is! My next upcoming mods will likely be a new chain and sprockets for sure, some new levers and mounts, maybe some pastrana bend handlebars and possibly a set of freestyle plastic. Maybe one day I'll even have enough money for some different rims.

2. Nov 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM
    J88logue

J88logue NorthWest Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    HWY 30
    Vehicle:
    02 D.C. TRD
    Clicko BUILDo
    :popcorn::headbang::burnrubber::woot::jellydance: :woot:

Loving it!!! Perhaps i hay start a DBike build page hahaha!

Makes me jelly, i want money to put into my bike, i just got a sponsorship from Yoshimira, DeCal Works and Renthal so i wana buy a bunch of shit!

3. Nov 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Grey Wire Locker Mod, 3" coil spacers & custom leaf packs, 2" BL, Skyjacker rear nitro shocks, Monroe front gas shocks; 15" eclipse sub & 1400 watt visonik amp with Kenwood stereo, Billet Petals, Black Aries series Grille guard, ebay baja lights (unsure of brand)
    wish i had sponsors :( . the racing circuit here isn't big enough for that really plus i can't race because it requires a waiver which my parents won't sign, because i'm not 18. It kinda sucks because i'd really love to race!

4. Nov 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM
    J88logue

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    HWY 30
    Vehicle:
    02 D.C. TRD
    Clicko BUILDo
    Really? why don't your parents support racing?

5. Nov 28, 2012 at 3:18 PM
    YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    They just know im gonna crash and be a parapalegic the rest of my life. Too dangerous they say...but they let me play football :notsure:

6. Nov 28, 2012 at 3:27 PM
    1stacoma

1stacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM SR5 DCSB 4.0
    5100's front and rear, front 2.5" rear 2" AAL, 18% tint front and rear, color matched grill. SCS wheels 275/70/17 BFG AT KO's. DTRL toggle switch.
  7. Nov 28, 2012 at 3:31 PM
    taco52

taco52 01 5 speed

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Bailey, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 v6 5speed 4x4
    Grey wire mod, De flapped,
    Haha looks like im not the only one who managed to smash three bikes in the back of the lil yota. Looks good. Those twostroke run like crazy with a new top end. I got my KTM 200 xcw up to 82 mph in texas on the highway. Little sketchy with knobby tires.

8. Nov 28, 2012 at 3:40 PM
    YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Yea dude i'd say. I wanna gear mine down so i can hit the powerband a little quicker climbing hills and riding in tight spots

9. Nov 28, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    J88logue

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    HWY 30
    Vehicle:
    02 D.C. TRD
    Clicko BUILDo
    Yeah some parents are hella worried but shit happens. We can roll around in wheel chair together :cheers::drunk:

My mom actually got me into racing when i was 8, been doing it ever since.

10. Nov 28, 2012 at 3:47 PM
    YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    When im 18 ill probly start. I went to a local race this summer and flagged and i know i could be at least B class. Most ppl in c class are terrible. Plus my friends moms boyfriend who is very rich has a '11 yz250f he said je'd let me race at his expense!

11. Nov 28, 2012 at 4:25 PM
    J88logue

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    HWY 30
    Vehicle:
    02 D.C. TRD
    Clicko BUILDo
    Well class B is Intermediate, if you've never raced i wouldn't recommend that class, but class C is the worst because you have people too slow and too fast.

250f FTW :)

12. Nov 28, 2012 at 4:40 PM
    YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Oh i would definitely race c class for awhile to get used to it. But most c class riders here are terrible. Alot of em wont even hit the doubles...just roll through em. There arent even any tripples at our track either.

13. Nov 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM
    J88logue

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    HWY 30
    Vehicle:
    02 D.C. TRD
    Clicko BUILDo
    lol Class C riders around here clear every jump.

14. Nov 28, 2012 at 4:48 PM
    YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Yea, my only problem would be starts and holeshots i think. I tried some practice starts on my 125 and cant keep the damn front end on the ground!

15. Nov 29, 2012 at 11:59 AM
    C.Sickler251

C.Sickler251 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport 3" Toyotec
    3" Toyotec Tinted Tails Tinted Glass 10" Kicker W/ 900W RF AMP Debadged
  16. Nov 29, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    taco52

taco52 01 5 speed

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Bailey, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 v6 5speed 4x4
    Grey wire mod, De flapped,
    Im not sure if your RM has this but there is an adjustment called the Power Valve and you can adjust it so the powerband hits differently. Ive messed with mine a little on my KTM. Gearing down always works too. We did it on our CR125r

17. Dec 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM
    YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    I dont think mine has a powrvalve. Couldnt find one and book didnt say anything either.

18. Jan 25, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    superswamper003

superswamper003 Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Hendrik
    N. Snottsdale Arizona
    Vehicle:
    1998 4wd TRD 3.4l Tacoma Xcab 313k miles!!!
    Fox Xtended travel coilovers w/resis, AllPro UCA's, AllPro 3 inch leaflets, 1" Diff Drop, 285/75/16 Bfg KO, 16x8 Black Pro Comp Steelies, AP 1.25" wheel spacers in front, 8 inch Rockford Fosgate sub that bumps like your mother, old school deck, downey headers, cold air intake, grey wire mod, e-locker, hurst shift knob, LED Strips, USMC Decals FTMFW, Fox decal, Billet grille, Alarm with no remote, Straight piped to the side of the truck
    Sick bike man... I miss my 125 to death! I kinda want to buy another bike sometime

19. Jan 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM
    YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Thanks dude! Definitely the only other thing i love as much as my taco.if i ever had to choose it would be tough.

20. Jan 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    superswamper003

superswamper003 Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Hendrik
    N. Snottsdale Arizona
    Vehicle:
    1998 4wd TRD 3.4l Tacoma Xcab 313k miles!!!
    Fox Xtended travel coilovers w/resis, AllPro UCA's, AllPro 3 inch leaflets, 1" Diff Drop, 285/75/16 Bfg KO, 16x8 Black Pro Comp Steelies, AP 1.25" wheel spacers in front, 8 inch Rockford Fosgate sub that bumps like your mother, old school deck, downey headers, cold air intake, grey wire mod, e-locker, hurst shift knob, LED Strips, USMC Decals FTMFW, Fox decal, Billet grille, Alarm with no remote, Straight piped to the side of the truck
    What gears do you have in the bike? I had an FMF shorty in my old CR along with some really low gears and that bike was a low end monster. Way quicker than a 250f

Products Discussed in

To Top