1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Loading ramp availability

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rickcrna, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Nov 21, 2012 at 6:21 PM
    rickcrna

rickcrna [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    '13 AC SR5 4WD I4 Auto MGM
    Am moving towards the purchase of a new Tacoma to use partially for hauling lawn mower/lawn tractor over to rental property from time to time. Can anyone here advise me as to viable options for attaching a loading ramp to the bed without causing damage to any of the rear truck structures or bed?

Would prefer not to get involved in any home made rigs if possible.

Thanks in advance.

2. Nov 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Buy a cheap utility trailer instead. My lawnmower is too big to fit in the back of my truck.

3. Nov 21, 2012 at 7:03 PM
    lj973gm

lj973gm Sold it, dont miss it yet.

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4wd
    As stated it will not fit if it is a full sized rider, unless you take the deck off each time. This would make loading alot easier as well.

There are no ramps for the tacoma specifically. Just your generic ones, take your pick of them.

Tailgates are weak on these trucks if you are not aware.

4. Nov 21, 2012 at 7:34 PM
    MikeyMcFly

MikeyMcFly This is heavy, Doc.

Member:
    I'm a Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road 6MT / 1999 Corvette 6MT
    Building a Broja
    I've seen a picture of someone with a 42" Craftsman in the back of their long bed.

How weak are we talking on the tailgate? Is it a metal issue or the straps?

My Mom told me when I get a house I can keep the lawn tractor if I bring it back and mow her yard, so I'm looking to jump at the chance.

5. Nov 22, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    lj973gm

lj973gm Sold it, dont miss it yet.

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4wd
    Between the wheel wells is only 41.5 inches. Not many lawn tractors will fit unless you go above the wheel well.

There are a couple of guys with custom mounts for their atv's that go above the wheel well but require some extensive building and are not offered for sale.

6. Nov 25, 2012 at 7:57 PM
    MongeDM

MongeDM Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Kerrville, TX
    Vehicle:
    12 Taco TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust Tow Pkg Toyota Bed Extender AVS Bugflector II In-Track Vent Guards Toyota Tube Steps Aries Bull Bar G4 Elite Fold-A-Cover Tonneau Cover Electric Pop-A-Lock In bed hanging storage trays XD Series Cranks
  7. Nov 26, 2012 at 12:17 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    generally the plastic part of the tailgate will bend before anything else. the actual tailgate assembly is pretty good, just the plastic bit where you rest all the weight on is terrible.

Products Discussed in

To Top