1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

because I was bored...

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by iamsuperbleeder, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Dec 5, 2012 at 7:08 PM
    iamsuperbleeder

iamsuperbleeder [OP] Licensed Lunatic

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Lake City, Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 DC Prerunner Taco - SOLD -
    TRD E-locker rear axle swap, Cherrybomb Extreme muffler, custom made CAI, 2.5" spacer lift up front and AAL's in the rear, Sport model seat swap, Pioneer X940BT, Kicker shallow 10" and 12" behind the back seat
    I made a recording of the RIGHT way to make a radio harness...

It's not for a Tacoma, although I've done 2 just like this for my 06 so far.

Nothing special about the video, just building a harness. Some that have never messed with car audio installs may find it useful, most will probably find it useless though :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9prNy5dguY

2. Dec 5, 2012 at 7:16 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    I hate to say it man, but you just wicked the shit out of those wires, (at least the yellow one I watched). Not the correct method to solder wires. Also, you don't need to twist the wires together when soldering, and you're using way too much solder because of it, which is also going to increase wicking.

Other than that good video.

3. Dec 5, 2012 at 7:26 PM
    iamsuperbleeder

iamsuperbleeder [OP] Licensed Lunatic

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Lake City, Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 DC Prerunner Taco - SOLD -
    TRD E-locker rear axle swap, Cherrybomb Extreme muffler, custom made CAI, 2.5" spacer lift up front and AAL's in the rear, Sport model seat swap, Pioneer X940BT, Kicker shallow 10" and 12" behind the back seat
    Actually the stupid wire wouldn't heat up, it really didn't take a whole lot of solder, lol. I need to put a new tip on the iron; this one is shot... that's why some of the joints took longer to make.

I've always twisted loose stranded wire like that to get a good mechanical connection first; the solder more or less just keeps things together, but does so in a conductive manor.

Products Discussed in

To Top