1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Photos from Key West

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Hot Tamale, May 16, 2009.

1. May 16, 2009 at 9:51 AM
    Hot Tamale

Hot Tamale [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab 4x2
    Here are a few photos from my recent trip to Key West. What a beautiful spot!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. May 16, 2009 at 9:55 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You went to Garden of Eden?? LMAO. Top 10 bars I've ever been to!!! Irish Kevins is on that list too....

Good weather the whole time??

3. May 16, 2009 at 10:02 AM
    petersharp

petersharp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
    Louisville, CO
    Vehicle:
    Ex DC LB Sport owner.
    Cool, I went there last year on honeymoon - it was a blast. Dry Tortugas is beautiful.

4. May 16, 2009 at 10:02 AM
    Hot Tamale

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab 4x2
    No, I didn't go to the Garden of Eden, I just thought the sign was great! Did go to Pat Croce's bar though, the Rum Barrel. Had to since he used to be with the Phila. 76ers! The weather was beautiful the whole time I was there. Went jet skiing, rented a scooter for the day, and spent a lot of time just walking around taking in the sights and shops. Can't wait to go back.

5. May 16, 2009 at 10:04 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    LOL...Rum Barrel is great...Spent a few nights out there.

Sounds like a great trip...I'm jealous!!

6. May 17, 2009 at 5:27 PM
    rpoint16

rpoint16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Off-Road, Super White.
    Bone Stock
    Sweet pics-post more:D

We spent a day in Key West a couple of years ago. We had a day to kill in Miami after a Windjammer sailboat cruise. We were hoping to spend a whole day there bumping around. Traffic getting there from Miami took 5 HOURS:mad:
    Did'nt hardly get to see/do anything.

What were some of the cool spots?

7. May 17, 2009 at 5:57 PM
    Hot Tamale

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab 4x2
    Here are a few more pictures. There are so many things to see and do there I wish I'd had more time. The picture of the butterfly was taken at the Butterfly Conservatory they have. There are hundreds of butterflies and sometimes they'll even land on you (supposed to be good luck). Other things to do: scooter rentals, jet skiing, glass bottom boat tour, the Little White House (Harry Truman's), Ernest Hemingway's house, kayaking, fishing, and loads of bars and restaurants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. May 17, 2009 at 6:01 PM
    ST77

ST77 Wandering doesn't mean you're lost

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Sandy, Or
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB
    Bone Stock
    sweet pics!
    :thumbsup:

9. May 17, 2009 at 6:04 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Great places/things to go in Key West:
    The golf course isn't bad (if you like that sorta thing)
    The Sunset Festival is awesome
    During Halloween time- Fantasy Fest is a BLAST.
    Jet Skis
    If you have a whole day to burn- The Dry Tortugas is pretty cool history and a nice beach.
    Fishing Charters are PRIME out of the key west- 4 friends and I pulled in about 150lbs of fish in about 5 or 6 hours on one trip and I we never even lost sight of the island...

Good bars:
    Buffalo Bills
    Irish Kevins
    Bull and Whistle
    Run Barrel
    Green Iguana
    There are a few others-but they are off the beaten path...

10. May 17, 2009 at 6:20 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    awesome pic!!! Thx for sharing!!

11. May 17, 2009 at 6:38 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    Very nice. :woot:Welcome back.

12. May 21, 2009 at 10:40 AM
    techgeekwill

techgeekwill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    18 Inferno TRD OR DCSB
    Where's a good place to stay out there? Don't want to spend too much money.

13. May 22, 2009 at 6:38 AM
    Hot Tamale

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab 4x2
    Unfortunately, most of the places are a bit pricey. I stayed at the Southernmost Hotel which was real nice. It has a pool and outdoor bar, also has a small outdoor restaurant which was real nice for breakfast. They have there own little section of beach too. For 5 nights it was roughly $800. Try Expedia and you can sometimes get one night free.

14. May 22, 2009 at 6:52 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Kickass! Went there for my brother-in-law's wedding a few years back. One of the best vacations ever! Went snorkeling out in the ocean on a 100 ft. catamran for like 35.00, went around the island on seadoos, rode scooters all around, drank, drank, drank, ate lots of good seafood. Loads of fun! Thanks for the flashback...........Here this'll help with the regret of coming home, I use it regularly............. http://webcam.keywest.com/

15. May 22, 2009 at 12:03 PM
    techgeekwill

Member:
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    18 Inferno TRD OR DCSB
    Just booked a stay the "The Reach". Supposed to be close to Old Town and they have a private beach. Going on the 4th. Will be making the drive from Miami airport. Looking forward to it.

16. May 22, 2009 at 12:05 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    LOL...Close to Old Town...I'm sure. The whole island is about 4mi by 2mi...I've walked, ran, rollerbladed, biked, and drunk stumbled around the whole thing several times.

Enjoy the trip...Totally worth it!!

17. May 22, 2009 at 12:15 PM
    techgeekwill

Member:
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    18 Inferno TRD OR DCSB
    I have no idea what's down there, or what's close by what or where. I just like the look of the beaches. As close to tropical as I can get without a passport and not going to Miami.

18. May 22, 2009 at 12:33 PM
    Hot Tamale

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab 4x2
    You are going to have a great time! :D On the drive down as you are going through some of the smaller towns along the way, Key Largo, etc. don't think that's how Key West looks. Key West is full of things to do. It doesn't look tourist trappy if you know what I mean. Once you hit Duval Street you'll see what I mean. At the bottom of the island on Duval St. there are a ton of nice shops and places to eat. You can also go on the COnch Train Ride which is like 45 minutes and it will take you on a tour of the whole island. They have a lot of places where you can rent scooters, electric cars, etc. to ride around town. Generally you can get a scooter for $25-$35 until 5:00 p.m. You have to hit Mallory Square for the sunsets! In the area of Mallory Square there's an outside bar with seating along the pier where you can listen to live music and have a drink. If you can, you have to try the jet skiing! It is so much fun! There's also snorkeling (which I didn't do), a glass bottom boat tour, and all sorts of things to see on Duval Street. Hope you have a wonderful trip. How long are you going to be there?

19. May 22, 2009 at 12:37 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    It's 4 hours (traffic dependent) to drive down from Miami to the island. There are some good stops along the way. Marathon has some decent restaurants. There are lots of touristy type places.

Once you get to Key West- Check out my post above. The bars are great...always hoping. There is pleanty of history- Ghost Tours, Hemingway's house. The beaches are good. If you golf, the course isn't bad....Not amazing...but not bad.
    The ecotours by kayak or the ketski tours are good.

Totally worth it- and you are going early enuf that your trip shouldn't get mussed up by a hurricane or anything.

20. May 23, 2009 at 12:48 PM
    techgeekwill

Member:
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    18 Inferno TRD OR DCSB
    The hotel we are staying at is one block over from Duval street on the south end of the island. Hoping that I don't have to walk to far, my legs won't carry me. We'll have a car, but I might rent a scooter or bike.

I'm planning on renting a Jet Ski for sure. Plan to do a lot. This will end up being a sort of "Second Honeymoon", so we should have fun.

To Top