1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

99 Tacoma SEMA Prerunner/turbo/long travel

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by LOCOTACOMA, May 18, 2009.

?

New Tacoma or Used Tundra? What would you pick and why...

Poll closed May 19, 2009.
  1. New Tacoma 4 door

27 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. 2005 Tundra 4 door

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. New Tundra extra cab

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. May 18, 2009 at 5:23 PM
    LOCOTACOMA

LOCOTACOMA [OP] TEchnology in Motion

Member:
    TEMECULA, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 5 LUG LONG TRAVEL TURBO MINI TACOMA
    Total chaos long travel, Sway A Way 2.5 coil overs, and bi passes, fully built 2rz with LC turbo head, Forced performance 20g Turbo, Turbo smart BOV,wastegate, and FPR. Haltech E8 standalone with all the goodies. I dont want to list all the mods will take to long.
    Good day to you all- I am selling my prized tacoma due to financial issues and I will not be able to finish the finial stage of my build, TUNNING on the DYNO. Here is a bit about the truck- Its a 1999 5 lug, 2wd, 2rz, automatic, single cab. Here is what I have done. Full Glass w/hood, front half is tubed, rear bed cage w/ 16" SAW bipass, TC shackles and custom leafs. Front is TC long travel w/ SAW coil overs w/res, Lifted spindles, 33" toyo Open countries Brand new(maybe 5 miles on them), Steel lines and limit straps. The Motor is a 2rz but I had it turbo charged. The Manafold is stainless, fully fabricated for the truck, its a work of art, you have to see it to appreciate it and it cost 4 grand but well worth it. The Turbo Is a Forced Performance Super Disco Biscuit big 20g. Full Stainless down pipe w/ tuning bung. The head is worked and the valves are stainless to accomidate high boost. Its using a HALTECH E8 standalone Engine management system to run everything but the transmission. I have the truck running and driving, and she is ready for dyno work. There is 4300 bucks worth of high end stereo gear including 2 lcd screens that you can plug your gps into or if interested I have a full onboard automotive grade PC with NAV available for the truck as well.
    Its so loud, but so clear and perfectly installed and fitted behind the Race Bucket seats and 5 point safty harnesses. The head unit is a DVD player with a 6.5 inch screen. The truck went to SEMA show in 2007 and was featured in Toyota's Generations Section of the show. The truck has been all over the web and SCORE Baja movie "Desert Fury", Total Chaos Center fold for the 2008 catalog, and also used as the test vehicle for Vizualogics VMOD in car PC. I am about 35 grand into the truck and I have run into a major health issue that requires I sell my baby. I wish I didnt have to and I really wish I could afford to have the tunning done and get to really drive her with the new motor and turbo. This a a very clean off road truck and with a little work will be one of the fastest Tacomas out there. I have many pics on my profile. I am pretty firm on the price but I do have to get rid of it so I will consider any respectful offer. I am asking 15k for her. I am in Temecula California and the truck is garaged and can be seen anytime. My name is Ian and I will be more than happy to chat about the truck and give any details needed. I want the truck to go to a good home so I will also be considering that in any offer. WHo ever gets this truck will be one lucky person as this truck is litteraly ready to tune and drive. I am selling as is, you want to street drive it you can smog it, I have a major health issue and I cant deal with the BS of smog. You will get the truck the Pink and reg, but you will have to take it from there. 15k and its your.
    Ian
    951-514-6918
    locotacoma@gmail.com

Driver Side Full.jpg
    Money Shot.jpg
    Rear Shocks and Twin Yellow Optimas.jpg
    Front Wheel.jpg

2. May 18, 2009 at 5:34 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Awesome truck. Good luck on the sale

3. May 18, 2009 at 5:56 PM
    LOCOTACOMA

Member:
    TEMECULA, CA
    Vehicle:
    Total chaos long travel, Sway A Way 2.5 coil overs, and bi passes, fully built 2rz with LC turbo head, Forced performance 20g Turbo, Turbo smart BOV,wastegate, and FPR. Haltech E8 standalone with all the goodies. I dont want to list all the mods will take to long.
    Thank you. I have spent long long hours building her and now my health is messed up and I cant enjoy the truck. But if I get rid of her I will be able to get better and build another one after I recover. SO I am trying to think Positive. Thanks Again.
    Ian

4. May 18, 2009 at 6:09 PM
    fixedforbroke

fixedforbroke Well-Known Member

Member:
    St. Simons Island
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 White as Snow
    Stock the way god made her. (FOR NOW)
    man im so sorry to hear about that, hope you get all that worked out, i love the way that looks. Just think, after you get all this worked out, you can get a bad ass truck and do something way cooler. Good luck with the sale and your health issues.

5. May 18, 2009 at 6:16 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    :drool::drool::D What a sweet a$$ truck!!! 15k is an awesome deal. To your health,I wish you the best.:proposetoast:

6. May 18, 2009 at 6:42 PM
    LOCOTACOMA

Member:
    TEMECULA, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thank you all for the nice words. And your all right, after I get better I can build something even better. Thanks again you all.

7. May 19, 2009 at 12:34 PM
    white+Peal

white+Peal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    08 prerunner
    Magaflow catback exhaust, AEM CAI, front bumper made by famous fabrication, JBA long tube headers, All pro back bumper, BPF raptor style grill, 3' toytech lift
    thats one nice looking truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top