1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sub & Amp Rack Almost Ready

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by zrwhat, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Jan 2, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    zrwhat

zrwhat [OP] Member

Member:
    Leesburg,IN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Double
    I had some time off over Christmas/New Year and decided it was time to put a better system in the truck. Currently I'm running an Avic-920BT with 6X9 Pioneer 2-Ways in Front & 6 1/2" 3-Ways in Rear. Already have the front and rear doors sound deadened and will be doing the floor, rear wall and roof with BXT & Ensolite this weekend (Rick @ Raamaudio great guy and great prices).

The system is a single 13TW5 powered by a HD750/1, 2 Pair of JBL MS-62C components powered by a HD600/4, 0ga. Main to Distribution/4ga. to Amps, Optima Yellow, 10ga. Speaker wire for all speakers, and staying with the Avic for now. Here are a couple of pics of the Enclosure (Mr. Marv) & Amp Rack (I built this over the past weekend). Decided to build the Amp Rack at the same angle as the enclosure in case I wanted to add a matching face even with the front of the enclosure to hide all wiring. It's ready to go into the truck just need to finish the sound deadening and wiring.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jan 4, 2013 at 3:52 AM
    Beach Taco

Beach Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    12' SR5 4x4
    WeatherTech Ventvisors, Dealer Sprayed Underliner, Aries black 3" side bars, Front windows 35% tint
    Looks good. Sweet box

3. Jan 4, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    rjsimz

rjsimz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Huntersville, NC
    Vehicle:
    04 DC 4x4 taco
    Thats an awesome box. Where can I scoop one of those up? (the mr marv enclosure)

4. Jan 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM
    SKULLY

SKULLY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB
    New set up looks sweet! How was your set up with just the 6X9 Pioneer 4-Ways in Front & 6 1/2" 3-Ways in Rear? I am getting the pioneer avh-x5500bhs and looking at just getting new 6x9 5 ways in front and 6.5 3 or 4 ways in back. I don't have the cash right now to get an amp/sub/box but maybe down the road go with a set up like yours....

5. Jan 10, 2013 at 4:56 AM
    zrwhat

zrwhat [OP] Member

Member:
    Leesburg,IN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Double
    Mr Marv is on the forum just search his username and PM him.

I pulled the 6X9's out over the last weekend and they are actually only 2-Ways. The speakers sounded very good running just off of the head unit. If you can spend a little bit and sound deaden the front doors it makes a world of difference.

Products Discussed in

To Top