1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Black wet okoles

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Mpgillespie, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Jan 19, 2013 at 5:59 PM
    Mpgillespie

Mpgillespie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Moore, OK
    Vehicle:
    13 PreDCSB Stormtroopen Taco
    Anyone with black wet okoles that wish they would have ordered a different color? Any fading or difficulty keeping them clean?

2. Jan 19, 2013 at 6:08 PM
    tacoma16

tacoma16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    I love mine, but they are plain. But th only reason i ordered them black was to keep them clean, as i get super dirty and dusty at work so this was the most important thing. As for fading, cant really say i have noticed anything. As for keeping them clean usually just a wipe with a moist clothe gets them clean to the naked eye (my wet muddy dog jumped all overr the seats one day, and the paw prints just wiped clean. If would have stained the carpet seat.

I am not super happy with the colour, but i ordered them a certain purpose and not for looks, even though they do look better than stock, but not as good as some of the designs you can get.

3. Jan 19, 2013 at 6:10 PM
    Cain

Cain Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    Chrome don't get you home
    I love mine, 6 months now, still look new, surf all the time my dog rides in the back seats, I have a dog canopy to protect the okoles, I like the calmness of black.

4. Jan 19, 2013 at 6:11 PM
    tacoma16

tacoma16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    also, i have had them in for 2 years now, and i only give them a partial wipe down with a moist clothe. During the summers, i spend my days in dirt/mulch gardening, or some other kind of work (gardening half of the day, and another labour job at a farm) so i pretty much get covvered head to toe. The seat covers kept everything clean so far.

5. Jan 19, 2013 at 6:13 PM
    Mpgillespie

Member:
    Moore, OK
    Vehicle:
    Cool thanks guys, I'm waiting to order on the jan group buy. I'm thinking of getting black with gray tubing and trd logo on them. My dogs ride in the truck too. Not sure if the dog hair would really show up and be difficult to remove from them.

6. Jan 19, 2013 at 6:50 PM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    These things are great. Even with the cost from the last group buy, still very happy with purchase. Lots of compliments. All black w/ charcoal lettering. Thought about the piping, but read several others say it pulls away after a period. Don't think they would have looked any better. Spilled a couple of drinks with very quick cleanup and no stains.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Jan 19, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    Mpgillespie

Member:
    Moore, OK
    Vehicle:

Dude that's exactly what I'm looking for, I really like that, looks very good!

8. Jan 19, 2013 at 7:36 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Yeah they do look good.
    I went with the same thing in the tundra except with piping on the fronts.
    I would not do piping again for little pieces did pull out front getting in and out even using my step bars.
    On my tacoma, I had taupe centers & they did fade in UV light this weird greenish tint. This was even using the UV protectant. Of course this was after 5 yrs of use.
    The black never faded...

9. Jan 19, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    Mpgillespie

Member:
    Moore, OK
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the input, I've decided against the piping, I think the seats will look better without, besides tearing off.

Products Discussed in

To Top