1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MR WHEEL DEAL

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jermoids, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Jan 22, 2013 at 5:43 PM
    jermoids

jermoids [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport
    17x9 Fuel Mavericks +1 offset 265/65/17 duratracs NFAB Epyx step sides AVS hood protector Thule xsporter pro rack Weathertech floor liners Tacoma rubber bed mat
    i wanted to share my experience with mrwheeldeal since there are only a few older threads about his website.
    i was looking for the right wheels and the right price for over a month. with so many different wheel dealers out there, i really didn't know who i wanted to go with or even trusted.
    it was a toss up between tirerack and discounttire but just couldn't find the right wheel, the price was too high or they were on back order.
    i stumbled across http://mrwheeldeal.com/b/ but was a bit hesitant with the whole "send me an email and i'll give you a quote" idea but i decided to send him an email.
    well it ended up being a great experience. steve at mrwheelguy gave me a great price and then even beat a quote i had from a different website.
    i ended up getting my wheels shipped with lugs for a price that nobody else could even touch.
    his customer service was honestly second to none, answering every email i sent within hours, sometimes minutes and when there was any sort of issue he had no problems making things right.
    so if anyone is on the lookout for wheels or wheels/tires, i recommend sending him a quick email at http://mrwheeldeal.com/b/ to get a quote. he can get pretty much any wheel out there and im sure he'll beat any price out there.

here's his facebook page as well, tons of great feedback 000_0066_zpsb330be8d_09b2e9bad98a672c43263a44c97814c233d6c7ee.jpg

2. Jan 23, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    dtopgun515

dtopgun515 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darrell
    Hey Yall Georgia
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport
    5100's up front set to 1.75, SCS Stealth 6 wheels, Nitto Terra Grappler AT's
    That guy is probably going to quit responding to my emails because I have sent him so many questions!

3. Jan 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    NiceTaco

NiceTaco Canadian Redneck

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport
    Aero Turbine 2525, Front bilstein 5100's @1.75, rear 5100's, 1" Toytec rear block, Devil Horns, BGF AT's, 18" Moto Metal 962's
    He came out cheaper than going to a local spot?

Tire rack etc has been more expensive atleast on the tire side than most local guys. I filled the form so we shall see how this guy does.. Thanks for the info I had seen his info before but like you was ver skeptical...

4. Jan 27, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    NiceTaco

NiceTaco Canadian Redneck

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport
    Aero Turbine 2525, Front bilstein 5100's @1.75, rear 5100's, 1" Toytec rear block, Devil Horns, BGF AT's, 18" Moto Metal 962's
    Did you get hit with customs fees and Canadian taxes.

5. Jan 27, 2013 at 3:24 PM
    jermoids

jermoids [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport
    17x9 Fuel Mavericks +1 offset 265/65/17 duratracs NFAB Epyx step sides AVS hood protector Thule xsporter pro rack Weathertech floor liners Tacoma rubber bed mat
    My brother lives in North Dakota so I had my wheels shipped there and then stayed down there for 48 hours, so I saved on the customs fees since I was allowed up to $800 in purchases after two days. I am not sure what he charges to have them shipped into Canada but I imagine it will be a little more expensive.
    I easily saved $500-$1000 by not buying here in Winnipeg. It cost me $500 shipped with after market chrome lugs. So, if you calculate the cost of the shipping and lugs, I paid under $100 per wheel. In Canada, if you can even get them, I would have been lucky to get the wheels for under $200 each, plus tax and install with my TPMS reset. Cost me $50 to have them installed in North Dakota and they reset my TPMS. I was told by Fountain Tire up here that it would cost me between $300-$400 to have my wheels mounted and TPMS reset, and that was only if they could re-use the TPMS.
    I guess if you don't have a contact in the US that you can use for shipping, it might end up costing a little more but you still might save even with the fees. Plus there doesn't seem to be the same availability or variety in Canada.

Products Discussed in

To Top