1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question on KC headlights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Ghumps, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Jan 18, 2013 at 7:03 AM
    goufcustom

goufcustom 7.62x63mm

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB
    If you have a trans cooler you are going to have issues mounting 4 lights with a deep Satoshi, without relocating it.

Take a look at my build thread, page 2, it is a close fit but they do fit. Let me know what measurements you are looking for, and I can get more pictures if needed.

Sadly my mesh is too dense and my letters obstruct a lot of the light, had a feeling that would happen but still like them. Might swap the bulbs and wiring for 100W setup.

2. Jan 18, 2013 at 7:06 AM
    goufcustom

goufcustom 7.62x63mm

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB
    Also the BAMF bar is the best way to go, I run my lights all the way back with it to fit behind my Satoshi, but the adjustment is great!

3. Jan 20, 2013 at 4:54 PM
    beaver_scott

beaver_scott Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    renton, wa
    Vehicle:
    2015 inferno trd pro
    vent shades, tinted windows, clear bra, pop n lock tail gate lock, anytime fog light mod.
    this setup that I have is the bamf behind the grill light bar. I did not have to relocate the trans cooler but I did relocate the horn. I do believe that on the bamf vendor tab on this site it is indicated that it will work with a satoshi grill and 4 hella 500 lights without moving the tranny cooler. there are pics to show how close the lights are to the mesh grill and the tranny cooler. also, the pre cut/drilled light tabs on the bamf light bar allow you to adjust the lights forward towards the front of the grill and back away from the grill.

[​IMG]

4. Jan 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM
    folmonty

folmonty Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Monty
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner Sport (sold) 13 AC 4X4 (inbound)
    That's a beautifully clean set-up. Is there any reflection issue that's noticeable so far as you can tell? My application would be for cruising deserts and mountains at night. Not going fast. Well done!

5. Jan 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    beaver_scott

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    renton, wa
    Vehicle:
    2015 inferno trd pro
    vent shades, tinted windows, clear bra, pop n lock tail gate lock, anytime fog light mod.
    I get pretty clean light output through the grillcraft grill.

6. Jan 26, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    startj32

startj32 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Baja Special

7. Jan 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    beaver_scott

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    renton, wa
    Vehicle:
    2015 inferno trd pro
    i just did it myself. it was pretty simple. grillcraft grill, bamf light bar and 4 hella 500s. the hardest part is cutting out the center grill piece to install the grillcraft grill.

8. Jan 27, 2013 at 9:51 AM
    JayDawg

JayDawg Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Sterling, Co. via San Diego, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab TRD Off Road Package
    4-PIAA 80 Racing Series Off Road Lights, Randy Ellis Design Light Bar, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Rear Leaf TSB, Mickey Thompson Classic Lock wheels, fog light mod, more to come...
    I have 4 PIAA 80 racing series off road lights. They were originally on my 97' Tacoma and were purchased and installed new on it in 1997. 15 years later and the bulb just went out on one after countless hours of use which also includes several all night off roading trips in my old truck and them being used for several hours straight on my 07' as well. I absolutely love these off road lights and will be buying more or the ones like them soon that are just high beam only. These have bot ha low and high beam so they are very versatile or if I am following someone off roading, I can switch to low beams and not blind them.

IMG_0128_3876b8da82a0018a2b364b20be38fb96260ea2df.jpg

9. Jan 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    Blueitrgsr

Blueitrgsr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Gainesville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2006 Reg Cab 4wd
    Some bilsteins, OME 885's, and an AAL.
    ^^^^^^^^ what light bar is that man?

10. Jan 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    JayDawg

JayDawg Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Sterling, Co. via San Diego, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab TRD Off Road Package
    4-PIAA 80 Racing Series Off Road Lights, Randy Ellis Design Light Bar, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Rear Leaf TSB, Mickey Thompson Classic Lock wheels, fog light mod, more to come...
    That is a Randy Ellis light bar. I bought it in 2007 shortly after buying my truck. It was not all that expensive either and has been great. Very easy to install too. I think maybe 4 bolts on each side and everything mounts up to stock locations so no holes need to be drilled.

11. Feb 22, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    Hound83

Hound83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD off road 4X4
    Icon coilover w/ King 700lb spring, ARB front bumper, Warn M8000, AllPro rear bumper w/ tire carrier, OME rear nitrochargers, Dakar leaf pack with overload, Wheeler€™s front and rear SuperBump, Icon tubular UCA, Icon lower control arm skid plate, Armor Tech Offroad front skid, Relentless mid skid, CBI rock sliders, diff drop, BAMF behind the grill light bar, Rigid Dually & D2 LED lights, HomerTaco Satoshi grill, ATO bed cross bars, ARB air compressor, ARB roof top tent, ARB awning = 6300lbs gvw
    Did you change your lights to 2 bigger ones? I will soon have a bamf light bar and a thin lip satoshi, deciding on lights now. I have it narrowed down to Hella, but was wondering what size you have now, they look bigger than the 4 Hella 500s.

Products Discussed in

To Top