1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need some support for the community

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TCK, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Jan 31, 2013 at 7:15 AM
    TCK

TCK [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB
    Hi everyone,
    I've been lurking on the forums for a few years now, anxiously awaiting the purchase of my first Tacoma to start discussing and showing it off. My truck has something seriously wrong with it, and Toyota won't do anything about it. Read on.

In September last year I bought a new 2012 DCLB TRD Sport from a dealer in Calgary. After about a month, and 1500 kms the truck developed a very loud, and very harsh rattle. Since then my truck has been at the dealer for more than two weeks. I've spent hours on the phone with the local dealer, as well as Toyota Canada. So far Toyota has said, "there is something seriously wrong with it, but we can't figure it out". They have refused to change any parts, and haven't offered any course of action to fixing or replacing the truck. I'm gutted. I've been wanting a Tacoma for the last 10 years.

So, in an attempt to get Toyota to fix my brand new, defective $40,000 truck, I'm reaching out for help from the community. I have been documenting the issue with videos, and sending them to the local service manager as well as Toyota Canada. But, they don't seem to be doing anything about it. So, I'm going to start putting the videos up online. Hopefully enough people will see them and figure out what is going on, or maybe it will even encourage Toyota to do something about it.

I would really appreciate if anyone could spend a minute and click on the link below. Thanks!

http://youtu.be/3s4Ov58G0pY

Products Discussed in

To Top