1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

alignment before or after 285s

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by slo2sixty, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Jan 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    This

2. Jan 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Good to know and yes i have a little pull, barley tho. i plan on getting another alignment soon because i want to add top plate spacers. I might have a question for you later when i get home and look at my alignment numbers

3. Jan 25, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    slo2sixty

slo2sixty [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse, NY
    Vehicle:
    19 cement DCSB TRD offroad
    Just got my alignment done. Drives amazing, like brand new.
    Camber and toe 0*
    Caster both sides 2.5
    And heres a picture!

[​IMG]

4. Jan 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    nelztaco

nelztaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Neil
    Levittown, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 SW
    UNDERCOVER, EIBACH COILS, TSB 4 LEAFS, TRD WHEELS, 255/85R16 KM2
    It's true the tires don't affect alignment, but they can show if your alignment is off. With stock tires I never would have noticed a caster misalignment. But with my new bigger tires only rubbing hard on the right side mud flap & you could see very obviously the right side had a smaller gap between mud flap and tire. Now that it's properly aligned, I get to keep my mud flaps and my 33's!

5. Feb 2, 2013 at 5:19 AM
    timmyedge

timmyedge Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Timmy
    Layton, UT
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR DCSB
    Magnaflow cat back exhaust with down pipe, Volant CAI, BHLM w/new bulbs, 3000K replacement fog lights,Debadged/Painted/Re-badged to say TACO/ New JVC Dbl Din Nav in dash/ Fosgate 400W amp/ Fosgate 10" sub/Tacotunes box/ Order OME complete lift w/Daker springs and LR UCA's/Ordered SCS Stealth 6 Matte Gun Metal -265/70R17 Goodyear Duratracks, BAMF behind gril light bar, Custom Trial Ridge Sliders , bed mat, weathertechs, Wet Okles, All Pro Front IFS skid Plate, Plasti Dir rear bumper Future MODS-Skids IFS/Fuel tank, transfer, rear dif

Dude, looks great. I have the exact same set up. Only diff is I have a DCSB TRD OR.....lol I love the way it drives. I trimmed my fenders yesterday and I dont rub anymore unless im in reverse and I hit a bump or something that causes it to flex more, thats the Cab mount that is. Im gonna do that, but seeing the ground is covered in snow here as well, im gonna wait a week or so thill I cut it.

6. Feb 2, 2013 at 6:07 AM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    SCS stealth 6 FTMFW. Looks awesome

7. Feb 2, 2013 at 6:07 AM
    slo2sixty

slo2sixty [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse, NY
    Vehicle:
    19 cement DCSB TRD offroad
    First time I got to test the Duratracs out was last night with about 18in of fresh snow on the roads and they handled great! I don't rub on the cab mount yet as I haven't flexed the suspension but it's Damn close.

8. Feb 2, 2013 at 6:20 AM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    They are great in the deep snow. About a week after i got mine we got 12 inches. I was out messing around in the middle of the night before the plows got to it. I cant even imagine how nice these tires would be in snow/ice if they were studded.

Products Discussed in

To Top