1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pretty (useless) TRD Grass pusher plate

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Merchantmarine, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Feb 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM
    Merchantmarine

Merchantmarine [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Southern New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road D.C.
    Wet Okole TRD seat covers, Extang Trifecta, TRD Exhaust cat back, TRD Front skid plate-for-looks. Michelin AT2 265-75-16 tires. WeatherTech front and rear
    Yeah I got it the Taurus I like that firearm except I have the M9 cause I qualified with it and its nice to have to practice with plus made in America is nice. But it is such a large firearm for the caliber. You know

2. Feb 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    Taco Dan

Taco Dan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser auto 4X4
    Snorkel, Cooper ST Maxx 255/80/17, diff breather relocate, Cobra ultra III cb radio set up Warrior Products front bumper
    definitely use the gun your'e most comfortable with. its still an excellent choice!

3. Feb 5, 2013 at 10:26 AM
    Merchantmarine

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Southern New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road D.C.
    Wet Okole TRD seat covers, Extang Trifecta, TRD Exhaust cat back, TRD Front skid plate-for-looks. Michelin AT2 265-75-16 tires. WeatherTech front and rear
    I like the safety features on the M9 and the double action is a plus IMO my brother is an AF officer and he is smaller then me and has trouble with the size of the grip. Also people say this that and the other about the stopping power of the 9MM regardless of the projectile. IMO the 9MM will drop anything you need it to. It has been combat proven and the M9 is a solid platform for the round if it is a little beefy

4. Feb 5, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    Taco Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser auto 4X4
    Snorkel, Cooper ST Maxx 255/80/17, diff breather relocate, Cobra ultra III cb radio set up Warrior Products front bumper
    yah i need to post my gun collection in that thread, i look at it every day.
    ive yet to have a jam in the tcp. what type of ammo do you use? so far ive only used brass in it.

5. Feb 5, 2013 at 10:30 AM
    Merchantmarine

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Southern New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road D.C.
    Also I have been to Academy before when I was stationed in California. Kinda like a Dicks out here which has not had 9MM ammo in a month. I had to go to upstate Maine Hicksville just to find 9MM target ammo and then I look at the box and its made in Russia! LOL

6. Feb 5, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    Merchantmarine

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Southern New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road D.C.
    Sig has a factory right here in my home town in NH I keep seeing those "Got Sig" stickers on everyones' cars

7. Feb 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    Taco Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser auto 4X4
    and now the prices are beginning to affect my wallet.

8. Feb 5, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    Taco Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser auto 4X4
    it's only a $200 gun after all. still worth it IMO

9. Feb 5, 2013 at 10:55 AM
    travel_taco

travel_taco Gentlemans Sausage

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Rust Bucket
    anti-fuel saving mods
    to continue with the gun chat..

Dan, how do you like the 709?

10. Feb 5, 2013 at 11:06 AM
    Taco Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser auto 4X4
    I like it fairly well, it surprisingly had more power than i thought it would. I've had it for about 2 months now, and am decent with it. I got it mainly for the size, my CC and at $300 i couldn't pass it up. So far it has worked flawlessly and i have no complaints.

11. Feb 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    Merchantmarine

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Southern New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road D.C.
    M9 never jams on me trust my life to it excellent firearm IMO

12. Feb 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM
    Toy4me

Toy4me Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    NNJ
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB TRD Sport MGM
    Works both ways - I'd never have some CL buyer come to my home. Public parking lot only.

13. Feb 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM
    rickc5

rickc5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Whitewater, CO
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Pro
    none
    Went to Sportsman's Warehouse and Cabela's today looking for some .22 LR ammo. None to be had. According to the gun salesman at SW, there continues to be a run on .22s, all 9mm, and of all things--.30-30 ammo. Go figure.

14. Feb 5, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    Merchantmarine

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Southern New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road D.C.
    Toy4me I think you need to remember that everyone on this forum is a trustworthy honest law abiding citizen who's side are you on anyway! Turns out the dude was a good guy who works for Ruger as an engineer young guy like me! I think you missed the joke noway in hell am I letting some dude of the Internet come to my house it goes without saying

15. Feb 5, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    Merchantmarine

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Southern New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road D.C.
    Rickc5 I know man my brother is stationed in the springs he can't find any ammo for his 9 either. Huge back log on any special orders too. They would only sell me two boxes of 9MM here in New England then had to go way up north just to get some junk Russian steel ammo limited to two boxes as well. I have my personal defense rounds but target ammo is at a premium

16. Feb 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM
    graywolf2011

graywolf2011 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando Florida
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma 4X4
    undercover hard toneau, stainless steel nfab step bars
    Ammo shortage for sure, some law enforcement agencies are even having trouble finding it. 22LR, good luck, Remington is producing over 6 million rounds a day and still can't keep up.:rolleyes: some people are hoarding. I have a Smith 5906 stainless and a Sig P220 Elite stainless. Love both of them. I'm having a hard time finding the PDX-1 ammo too.

17. Feb 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM
    Toy4me

Toy4me Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    NNJ
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB TRD Sport MGM
    Did'nt think there was a joke to miss, and absolutly agree with you trying to protect yourself. Not taking sides, I agree with both of you is all. You stated "especially when the guy wants to meet off the highway". From that I got the impression you though the seller might be a little shady. Maybe I misunderstood. Sounds like the deal went smoothly, how do you like the skidplate?

18. Feb 6, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    Merchantmarine

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Southern New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road D.C.
    I like the skid plate I won't bore you all with the pic we have all seen them a million times. Now as far as the gap between the bumper and the plate I know it is supposed to be there however it is slightly out of spec the instructions I got off the sight state no more then 20mm I am at 30mm between the bumper and center of the plate. No matter how I adjusted it still out of spec. Can one of you take a quick measurement on your truck and see where you are at. Next time I see a taco with a skid plate drive by I will flag down the driver jump out with my calipers and take a quick measurement!! That will probably get me arrested or shot, depending on the availability of ammo!!! Thanks for the help

image.jpg

19. Feb 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    Merchantmarine

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Southern New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road D.C.
    Here is a pic of the PDF stating the spec hope you can see it

image.jpg

20. Feb 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    Merchantmarine

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Southern New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road D.C.
    Anyone with any feedback?

Products Discussed in

To Top