1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My toyotaoempartsworld.com experience Sucked, to put it mildly.

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by 7A7ER, May 4, 2012.

1. May 4, 2012 at 2:05 PM
    7A7ER

7A7ER [OP] FLYNN LIVES!

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    '05 Radiant Red Tacoma XCab PreRunner TRD
    Removed Step Bars, Hood Visor, OEM Bed Mat, Window Tint, Fog Lights Anytime, BFG All-Terrain KO2s, Removed Mud Flaps, Add A Leaf Recall, Color-Matched Grill and Bumper& Plasti-Dipped Badges!
    Just got off the phone with toyota oem parts world for the second time. This makes the second time they've sent me the wrong color grille to match my Radiant Red Tacoma.

I highly recommend dealing with this place on the phone if you have to use them at all. Because apparently they either can't read their email responses or they just don't care.

I originally ordered a color matched Red grille for my specific VIN number truck through the color matched grille thread, that was nicely provided on this site. Very efficient, very thorough, only there was no place to select a color code or anything other than "Red". I had to assume they would get the appropriate Red from the VIN, since most other colors only have one version.

Glitch 1: I get an email that says the part I ordered doesn't match my VIN, but they have a part number that does, should they continue on with my order?

I google their part number, find their website, look it up, look at the diagram and it looks exactly the same as the one I ordered only this one fits all the way up to 2011 instead of 2010.

So I respond with: This looks like the right part, as long as you have it in Radiant Red, please go ahead with my order.

Glitch 2: The grille comes in and I only open it to find a Chrome Factory grille, just like the one I've got.

I call them and explain the situation and how I needed a color matched grille to my Radiant Red Tacoma and they said they saw what the problem was and will be mailing me a UPS ticket to ship the chrome one back and then they will ship me the right grille.

A few days later I get the ticket and send the chrome one back.

Glitch 3: A week later there's a new box on my porch. I open it to find a Red Grille, but it looks darker red than mine. And it has the factory "satoshi" mock up with one center bar. I love the look of the grille, but it is clearly a darker red. A little surfin on here, and it appears to be a Barcelona Red, which might explain why it didnt quite look like Impulse but was definitely darker than my Radiant. Alas, I have to call them back, and my grillle will remain chromed for a couple more weeks.

I call them and try to straighten this whole thing out, don't get me wrong, the guy was nice and as helpful as he could be, but honestly, he knew nothing about my model year truck and asked if I had a Tundra, even after reviewing the order.

I had to tell the guy the color code for Radiant Red myself, he didn't even know! They call themselves an OEM parts store, and THEY don't know the color codes????

So even though they had my VIN from the very start, and even though I specifically told them I needed Radiant Red Twice, I had to order a color matched grille today, as if I've never dealt with them before AND, this is the kicker, I have to pay shipping this time, because quote: "Any time they get out of the VIN number range, they can't be held accountable".

So don't worry toyotaoempartsworld.com, you won't have to worry about me holding you accountable to be able to read an email or understand why a order got screwed up the First time, cause I won't ever order anything from you again.

Worst online ordering experience EVER.

2. May 4, 2012 at 2:11 PM
    TacoLife08

TacoLife08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner TRD Rugged Trail SR5
    Camburg 4' Spindles, top plate spacers, 2" AAL, 285/75R/16 Terra Grapplers, Tinted Windows, Black Riveted Grille, Black Spyder Halo Healights/Tailights, FlowMaster 40 Exhaust, NFab Side Steps, Blacked out Skid Plate.
    This should be in Vendor Reviews. That is ridiculous though.

3. May 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM
    dYL0n

dYL0n أنا لست الإسلامي

Member:
    First Name:
    Dyl0n
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    17TRDORDCSBQSJBLKBRO2SPECU1.04
    1.04. Kbro2s. ICONS.
    Alright

4. May 4, 2012 at 5:48 PM
    lj973gm

lj973gm Sold it, dont miss it yet.

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4wd
    Are your trying to get a 2005-2010 grill or a 2011 grill.

If you are trying to get a 2011 grill they do not offer it is radiant red from what I remember off the top of my head.

Either way they do not know what they are doing.

5. May 4, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    That's some bad service. The real sad part is it's a Scion dealership parts department. Check out their number under contact on the Toyota OEM Parts World site. It's the same.

Frank

6. May 4, 2012 at 6:31 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    They don't care.images_d20a9cd7aa8a9be32a907789dbaec5145a6b4ef0.jpg

7. May 4, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
  8. May 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    That is ridiculous!

Yeah Rad Red 05-08 color matched black center.
    2009+ is Barcelona Red only color match.
    2009-10 Grills have an anthracite (grey) center
    2011 the black honeycomb
    2012 whole new look front end will not fit.
    Impulse never had a color match totally a DIY project or body shop.

And like Steve said, unfortunately too many places employ folks that do not care or want to make the extra effort.

Hope your someday you finally get your rad red color match grill OP!

9. May 5, 2012 at 5:03 AM
    7A7ER

7A7ER [OP] FLYNN LIVES!

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    Removed Step Bars, Hood Visor, OEM Bed Mat, Window Tint, Fog Lights Anytime, BFG All-Terrain KO2s, Removed Mud Flaps, Add A Leaf Recall, Color-Matched Grill and Bumper& Plasti-Dipped Badges!
    I'm wanting an 05 Radiant Red grille. They didnt have any in their warehouse and had to order one to come in, so I think they finally understand what I wanted and I gave him the color code to go off of this time.

Yeah Simones Mom, thats what I was explaining to the sales rep, how the black mesh grille didnt even come in my color.

It would be easier for everybody if the part itself had some sort of part number and color description on it. And/Or if oem parts world would put the color on the receipt or something, but there aint nothing. Nada. Zip. Just a cardboard box with a bubble wrapped grille and a bill of sale that reads:

"GRILLE ASSY, RADI"

I guess they didn't see the sign outside of the Mill that reads: "Post No Bills!"

LOL -RATM

"And I thank you, for your support."

10. May 5, 2012 at 5:17 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Glad you were finally able to talk them through!

Your truck will look awesome with the new grill I love the color match look & even had one done in Impulse Red for my tacoma.
    Post up pics when you finally get it in & its good to let others know in the future for ordering a grill.

11. May 5, 2012 at 6:10 AM
    7A7ER

7A7ER [OP] FLYNN LIVES!

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
  12. May 5, 2012 at 7:34 AM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
  13. Feb 11, 2013 at 6:23 PM
    7A7ER

7A7ER [OP] FLYNN LIVES!

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    I apologize for the long delay. I did finally get my color matched grille and it installed a lot simpler than I thought it would. I posted pics online but after reviewing this thread I realize it must have been to my seperate build page on car domain, or I really am getting old, lol.

The right Grill finally arrived around the beginning of August last year:

Picture Positive:

[​IMG]

Original Chrome

[​IMG]

New Radiant Red!

[​IMG]

Old

[​IMG]

New!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Jul 30, 2015 at 11:31 AM
    DDart

DDart New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma to Highlander
    Avoid Toyota Parts Superstore (which also goes by toyotaoemparts.com and also Sun Toyota in Florida). Save money, frustration, & time -- avoid this disreputable business. I ordered a part, received it 5 weeks later, but not until after I called them. It was wrong part, and I returned it; they insisted it was right part, but I sent them photos of the original, and how it was impossible to mate the replacement with the vehicle. They still charged me a re-stock fee, so I paid that fee plus postage to/from them for them sending an incorrect part. Worse, they were smug about it – didn’t answer their website e-mail 6 days after I entered the message (when they promised a quick reply), and 12 days later when I called again they still hadn’t answered (I have the screen shots, photos, and cost records to prove all this). Avoid this disreputable business – there are plenty of honest alternatives

15. Aug 3, 2015 at 9:46 PM
    7A7ER

7A7ER [OP] FLYNN LIVES!

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    In his best Sly Willy Impersonation: "I feel your pain..."

To Top