1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ortlie09's Reg Cab Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by ortlie09, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Feb 24, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    ortlie09

ortlie09 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    11 Reg Cab 4x4
    Debadged, took off front mud flaps, prevent tailgate theft mod, Magnaflow 18" muffler, Bilstein 5100s front and rear w/ front @1.75, wet okoles, plasi dipped front emblem, weathertechs, scangauge, toolbox, Bed pocket lights, BHLM, T1 eyelids, BAMF sliders, Bruteforce Fab rear bumper
    Current Picture (3/2014)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441328458.762204.jpg

Bruteforce Hybrid Front Bumper (3/28/13)

[​IMG]

How it sits (2/24/13):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Armor:
    Bruteforce Standard Rear
    BAMF Sliders
    Bruteforce Hybrid Front
    Relentless IFS & Mid Skid

Suspension:
    Front: SAW 2.0 Coil overs
    Rear: Bilstein 5100's & Wheelers Progressive 1.5" AAL

Wheels & Tires:
    255/85/16 BFG KM2
    TRD Baja wheels, 16x7

Exterior:
    BLHM (thanks to Brian)
    T1 eyelids
    Homertaco Satoshi
    21" Okledlightbar on BAMF's behind the grill light bar
    Leer 100R

Interior:
    Wet Okoles
    Weathertechs
    Maglight mod
    Scanguage
    Added a cheap arm rest/center console (one of my favorite mods)

Random:
    Magnaflow 18" muffler
    Prevent tailgate theft mod
    Bed Pocket lights
    Exhaust dumped after axle

Purchased back in June 2011

I had been looking for a Regular Cab Tacoma for at least six months, before I was able to finally find this one. At the time, I had wanted a white one, but I am actually glad I choose the MGM (although this was the first manual Reg Cab that I found) as it doesn't make the stock bumpers and fenders look as bad. I had been a lurker on TW the whole time I had been looking for a truck, so let's just say I had a few ideas for mods when I got it :D

First things first was new tires and wheels!

From this:
    [​IMG]

To this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next was a few interior mods, adding the Wet Okoles and Weathertechs. The next big thing was my Bilstein 5100s, and they were installed by 4RunnerSeth and the help of Brian (thanks again guys). We did both the front and rears, and set the fronts at 1.75, which perfectly leveled me out. I had been running the BFG All Terrains for a month or two, and there hadn't been bad rubbing but it definitely rubbed while turning in reverse.

After that, I got the BHLM done with the help of Brian, and at the same time installed by T1 eyelids. Around the same time I received my Homertaco Satoshi, after being on his wait list for months.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had jumped in on a group buy for my Bruteforce rear bumper, and I recieved it at about the same time I got my Relentless IFS skid. I had sliders on order at BAMF for a long time, and they had been done for a few months but I had been waiting for them on the free promise of powdercoating by BAMF. Jerry's powdercoating machine took him a lot longer to finally get up and running then he had planned, but I didn't mind because he hooked me. I brought him my rear bumper and IFS skid and he PC'ed all three things at the same time. When they were finally done, I went down to his shop and got all three installed on the same day! :oldglory:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I do have to say I like how my front was coming together, but I had always wanted a replacement front bumper. Before I placed the order for that though, I bought a 21" Led light bar from OKLEDLIGHTBARS, and mounted it behind the grill with BAMF's mount.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some random pictures from Prairie City with my brother:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was from the MET trail on a TW run:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stay tuned :cool:

Thanks for looking!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  2. Feb 24, 2013 at 6:57 PM
    ortlie09

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    11 Reg Cab 4x4
    Debadged, took off front mud flaps, prevent tailgate theft mod, Magnaflow 18" muffler, Bilstein 5100s front and rear w/ front @1.75, wet okoles, plasi dipped front emblem, weathertechs, scangauge, toolbox, Bed pocket lights, BHLM, T1 eyelids, BAMF sliders, Bruteforce Fab rear bumper
    The Magnaflow 18". I actually like it a lot. I was hesitant to get it at first because I didn't want it to sound raspy, but I actually think it sounds pretty good. It is actually pretty quiet under 2750 RPM, so at cruising speeds it isn't obnoxious at all. Once you get over 2750, it starts to make sound really good, and still isn't excessively loud. And in regards to HP, I don't know. I do not know if it is just my imagination, but I do remember not having to shift down into 4th on this one hill that I used to have to once I got the muffler. It also could just be that the engine was getting more broken in, because I added the muffler around 3,000 miles.

3. Feb 24, 2013 at 7:45 PM
    JNome

JNome Made in Maine.... Yessah bub!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Pace, FL
    Vehicle:
    '10 BSP SR5 4wd
    WeatherTechs, TRD Skidplate, Hidden Hitch Reciever, Tractor Supply Toolbox, Bedmat, Hayden Transmission Cooler, Leer 100R cap, yakima roof rack, Bilstien 5100's all around, Eibach lift coils, Toytec AAL w/ TSB springs, All Pro Flip Kit w/ Timbrens, Line X'd Rocker Panels, Magnaflow 17115 Exhaust, Cobra CB w/ PA Horn, Hi-Lift Jack w/ custom mount, Relentless Fab Sliders, Satoshi Grille w/ Hella 700's HID mounted behind
    Looking good so far! Trying to get a buddy to build his similar to this

4. Feb 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM
    ortlie09

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    11 Reg Cab 4x4
    Thanks man! I sure like it a lot. I really want to go up to 255/85/16s for my next set of tires but I would need to upgrade my suspension, get different wheels, worry about CV angles, worry about being underpowered....but in all honesty we will see what the Bruteforce hybrid does to my 5100s and stock coils. Kinda worried its gonna sag a lot and I don't have the money to upgrade suspension right now

5. Feb 25, 2013 at 1:00 AM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    Nice.

6. Mar 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    PcBuilder14

PcBuilder14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    Sub'd...

7. Mar 7, 2013 at 7:15 PM
    ivoryaddict

ivoryaddict Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD offroad MGM DCSB
    Custom Headache Rack, BAMF Kick-out sliders with fill plate Level Kit, ARB bumper, Warn Winch Ruff Tuff Digital Camo Seat Covers Fuel 16" Boost Wheels Duratrac 285/75/16 X-tra D-Rings in Bed
    Man that looks sharp. Like everything you've done other than the SF sticker. :D

8. Mar 7, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    ortlie09

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    11 Reg Cab 4x4
    Whoa whoa watch it. Giants all the way! You better not be a dodger fan :spy:

9. Mar 7, 2013 at 9:32 PM
    ivoryaddict

ivoryaddict Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD offroad MGM DCSB
    Custom Headache Rack, BAMF Kick-out sliders with fill plate Level Kit, ARB bumper, Warn Winch Ruff Tuff Digital Camo Seat Covers Fuel 16" Boost Wheels Duratrac 285/75/16 X-tra D-Rings in Bed
    Absolutely not, just messin'. Rooted for SF most of my life. However I can't help but root for the A's.
    Like all the pictures of where your truck has been, especially the snow.

10. Mar 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Digging this reg cab a lot, digging the mods to. Have several of the same myself. Same style/color HT grille (p'dipped mine), Have a BF rear in the works.

11. Mar 19, 2013 at 6:45 PM
    ortlie09

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    11 Reg Cab 4x4
    Thanks guys! I'm getting pretty stoked for my new front bumper

12. Mar 19, 2013 at 6:57 PM
    aj hank

aj hank Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    412 PA
    Vehicle:
    09 Regular cab
    Hi/lo HIDs, window tint, keyless entry
    looks nice man! i have an 09 regular cab in black and i've been looking for ideas to do a bit of a build but nobody seems to build the regular cabs. i threw some HIDs in mine, a nav, and some weathertechs...i just got OEM TRD FJ wheels today and i'm going out to get some tires this week. thinking about p'dipping or painting my fenders and front bumper to get rid of that black plastic look

13. Mar 19, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    ortlie09

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    11 Reg Cab 4x4
    I second this. I am subbed to that thread and noticed lots of good looking trucks, but most people do not have build threads

14. Mar 19, 2013 at 7:47 PM
    jobrien

jobrien shit happens then you die

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ontario California
    Vehicle:
    2011 single cab base 4x4
    Bed mat, cleats, scangauge, new headlight bulbs, weather techs, more to come
    Coming together very nicely

15. Mar 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    ortlie09

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    11 Reg Cab 4x4
    Now I just need to upgrade suspension. I'm considering selling my motorcycle to pay for it. We will see though, I haven't decided yet

16. Mar 19, 2013 at 8:22 PM
    ortlie09

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    11 Reg Cab 4x4
    Oh I know your build don't worry! Lol and I would love to start hitting the whoops but I haven't built my truck for that and I don't have the kind of money to get it ready for that currently

17. Mar 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    ortlie09

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    11 Reg Cab 4x4
    I haven't looked too much into that so I'll check it out. For the longest time I was just going to go with OME but lately I've been looking at a solid mid travel set up I just can't justify the cost of it because I don't plan on running my truck like that

18. Mar 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    ortlie09

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    11 Reg Cab 4x4
    Going down to Clovis tomorrow to get my Bruteforce Hybrid installed!!

19. Mar 26, 2013 at 6:42 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Going to Billy's shop?

Might I ask a favor...I gots me a rear plate that Billy should be in the process of making.

Might you snap a pic of it for me?!?!?

20. Mar 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    ortlie09

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    11 Reg Cab 4x4
    Yeah sure no problem

Products Discussed in

To Top