1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally learned my lesson, I'm coming back!

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by gupster88, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Feb 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM
    gupster88

gupster88 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    I know I've expressed interest in coming back to being Yota owner again, but I have finally had enough of these other manfuacturers and I AM coming back! I regretted getting rid of my 06 Black Sand Pearl DCSB back in 2010, since I have owned a 5.0 Mustang which I got rid of thanks to a run in, well more like running away from :burnrubber:, the law. So I went to a 2010 F-150 which I owned for 15 months. Then I cashed in on my grandpa's GM employee discount and picked up a 2012 Silverado LT last year. Well, I've had enough of the crap! My latest is the horrible paint quality and issues with the AFM system already with the Chevy! When I had my Taco, I changed the oil regularly and the spark plugs once, and it ran just fine.

So, I'm back in the market, but not rushing it. I will be going with a DCSB again and I am leaning towards the Barcelona Red color! I'm freaking pumped! Can't wait for some better MPG and a more reliable, less maintenance, and longer lasting truck! :cheers::woot::bananadance:

2. Feb 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    :woot: glad you coming back man!

my one brother had a ’09 silverado, and just traded it for a ’11 tundra. his silverado had like 57K and was stating to have small problems. his new to him tundra has 20K on it.

3. Feb 22, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    gupster88

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    Stock
    I was sorely disappointed in the quality of GM trucks. I have not taken my truck off road or even down gravel roads once. It has 13k miles on it and I am getting my front bumper and grille re-painted because it looks like I drove my truck in a rock storm. I am using a little bit of oil which they say is "normal" due to the Active Fuel Management where half my cylinders cut out. My boss has a 2009 Silverado and he just had his lifters replaced thanks to the AFM as well. I have already had to have my passenger door handle replaced because it wasn't sealed properly and I got water inside my door, well it froze one night and I pulled the handle and ripped it right off! I've heard many accounts of the dash cracking and the weatherstripping around the doors cracking.

4. Feb 22, 2013 at 2:57 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    yeah, my brother had a black one. he hit some lady that was parked in the little, of like a turn lane on a 4 lane highway, she was packed at a 90, and he could not see her tail lights, and hit her. he had the truck 3 days. they had to put it on a new frame and everything. hole front got repainted.

I know me him and his GF were coming back from SC seeing our brother, and the flue gauge just stopped working and went to E. than a few days later just started working agin. he had a few other small problems.

5. Feb 26, 2013 at 7:32 AM
    TexAggie

TexAggie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    OME Lift
    My buddy has an 09 Silverado and has dash is cracked, his engine has had major repairs due to cylinder deactivation and his tranny has had to be completely torn apart by GM and fixed. Luckily for him it's all been warranty work, but once his warranty is up he will be trading it in.

6. Feb 26, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    Is the AFM thing an issue for just GM or all manufacturers? We have a Pilot that shuts down three of the cylinders in "eco" mode and wondering if I will have similar issues with it. Owned for a year and a half now with no issues so far. Sorry to threadjack...

7. Feb 26, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    you ran from the law, and wrecked a car?

my work truck is a Sierra. absolutely bombproof. glad i dont pay for the gas, but it doenst suck that bad. 16-17, and i drive like i dont pay for the gas. i rarely wash it, and when i do, it is shiny enough. the brakes blow the tacoma out of the water. i have to calibrate my brake foot going from one truck to the other. the AC will give me brain freeze.

i like them both.

welcome back. glad my personal truck is my tacoma tho.

8. Feb 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    TexAggie

TexAggie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    OME Lift
    Just GM from what I've heard.

9. Feb 26, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    The AFM on my 07 Impala SS worked fine. Don't know how much improvement it made since most of the guys that tuned it out got pretty much the same fuel economy. Never had any issues with it though.

10. Feb 26, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    PCHearn

PCHearn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Moore, OK
    Vehicle:
    11 PreRunner SR5
    Yep, definitely get the Barcelona Red color!

[​IMG]

11. Feb 26, 2013 at 9:21 AM
    JW87

JW87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JW
    Richmond,VA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    American Racing black bajas with Cooper RTXs 265/70/17. Black Depo tail lights. LED interior, license plate and reverse lights.Debadged. OME 885 coils and Dakar leaf packs. OME Nitros front and back.
    A couple months ago i was lookin at a 2012 silverado, luckily i couldnt afford it and got my 2010 tacoma. Seems I made the right choice.

12. Mar 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM
    gupster88

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    Stock
    Well a little update, I sold my Rzr S so that yielded me $11k. Got my bonus check and got my tax credit back for buying the Silverado (Alternative Fuel) so that gave me $3900 more. Now all I gotta do is find a Tacoma and I'm there! I won't lie, the Pyrite Micas have definitely got me second guessing which color to get!

Products Discussed in

To Top