1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My experience with CBI Offroad

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Infra, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Feb 28, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    Infra

Infra [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light
    On January 2nd I called CBI Offroad and spoke with Nathan about ordering a Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out. Nathan was nice enough to extend the $100 christmas discount to me even though it had well expired. As I spoke with Nathan I had told him I wanted custom light buckets for my Blitzpro 6lz LED lights as backup lights, as well as hi lift cutouts on both rear corners of the bumper. Nathan was great in answering all my questions before placing my order.

Upon placing the order I was told the lead time would be roughly 5 weeks. About 4 weeks into the build I was contacted by Nathan and informed that unfortunately my bumper was not built to the specs I had ordered it. 1 minor set back, the hi lift cutouts were not built into the bumper as requested. Nathan apologized and offered 2 solutions, either I could take delivery of the bumper as is and he would refund me for the cost of the hi lift cutouts PLUS include the hi lift bumper lifting attachment at no charge, or wait another 5 weeks for them to build me a new bumper. I was not thrilled with waiting for a new bumper so I agreed to his offer of a refund on the hi lift cutouts along with the bumper lifting attachment for my hi lift. I can't remember the exact date the bumper was delivered, but it was definitely very close to the 5 weeks Nathan had stated.

Upon taking delivery of the bumper I noticed it was wrapped up very nicely in foam wrapping. I did not have time to unwrap it and inspect it right then so 2 days later I took all the foam wrapping off to inspect the bumper. Upon inspecting the bumper I noticed there were a few area's where the powdercoat had been chipped off, and 1 section on the bumper that had been ground down to bare metal. I called Nathan and informed him of the damage and took pictures and emailed them to him and then Nathan contacted the shipping company to inform them of the damage. I am still awaiting a resolution on the damage to the bumper.

How was your shipping experience? Did the product arrive in good condition without damage?
    Shipping experience was ok, the shipping company sent several emails with updates on where my product was and when I could expect to receive it. There was slight damage to my bumper when it arrived and that is currently being worked out with Nathan, still awaiting resolution.

What is your initial impression of the product you ordered?
    I jizzed in my pants and realized that every penny I spent on this bumper was well worth it!

After the product has been installed or used are you happy with your purchase?
    I am very happy with my purchase and the product that was delivered to me, with 1 small exception. I'm a little disappointed with no hi lift cutouts but satisfied with the solution that Nathan has provided me.

How is the quality of the product you ordered?
    Quality of the product is very impressive, it appears to be bomb proof!

Are there any issues or usability feedback?
    No real issues per say....but if I had 1 small gripe it would be that the instructions I felt were not complete and need to be a little more user friendly for someone who is not so mechanically inclined.

How would you rate your overall experience with CBI Offroad Fab?
    Overall, even with my bumper not being built to my specs I had ordered as well as a small problem with damage to the bumper in shipping, I would still rate my experience a 10/10. Great customer service and quality product they stand behind! If I had to do it all over again, I would not hesitate to order the same product from CBI. I never even contemplated ordering my rear bumper from any other company.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

asudevil likes this.
  2. Mar 6, 2013 at 4:36 PM
    Infra

Infra [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light

Resolution has been reached. Shipping company refunded half the cost of the powder coat to CBI, and Nathan then refunded me that same amount. CBI and Nathan have been a pleasure to deal with :thumbsup:

asudevil and Wic07001 like this.
To Top