1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 4Runner

Discussion in '4Runners' started by kws129, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Feb 23, 2013 at 4:20 PM
    kws129

kws129 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road Double Cab
    Just pulled the trigger on a 2013 4Runner, think I'm gonna hurl.

Blizzard Pearl, SR5 with leather (black), and navigation.

The only day I spent more money was when I bought my house and I havean 09 taco I bought new.

Monthly payments here we come, and I had to trade in my 01 4Runner that was just getting broken in with 243k on the odometer.

2. Feb 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    Xer0 SiN

Xer0 SiN Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hilo, HI
    Vehicle:
    19 TRD SPORT TACOMA / 21 LIMITED RAV4
    this and that...
    why hurl? thats a awesome vehicle. me and my girl was THIS CLOSE in trading in our 08 4runner (pretty much mint condition i might add) for a 4r like the one you just got. dealership didnt want to give us what we wanted so we backed off. wouldve totally jumped if we got what i wanted. LOL.

3. Feb 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM
    kws129

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road Double Cab
    Thanksn for the support! It really is a very nice vehicle.

And it's what the wife wanted and she deserved it, hope it lives up to the performance of the '01 we had fro abotu 8 years.

I will say it drives like a dream, it's quiet, and I feel really safe putting my wife and 2 boys in that day to day. I'll post a couple pics once Iget the running boards, mud guards, and husky liners from the dealership.

I'll miss my '01 that truly was an awesome ride....but the new blizz is pretty cool!

4. Feb 26, 2013 at 11:14 PM
    NW4RUNNER

NW4RUNNER Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4 runner trail
    I'm right here with you so your not alone. You won't regret it. I'll be paying off our 11 for many years to come. I am totally with you. My wife works her ass off and she deserves a sick, safe ride that I love as well. So your wife and kids deserve it as well! Congrats. :woot:

5. Feb 28, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    Deercamp

Deercamp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Seacoast area New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Double Cab LB, Pyrite Mica
    Access Lite Rider Bed Cover, sill protectors, Weathertech mats, Wet Okole seat covers, de-badged, Plasti-Dipped Grill Emblem (black), LT 245/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure Kevlar tires
    I've got a 2011 Blizzard Pearl 4Runner Ltd.
    Installed the following:

Weathertech mats
    Husky mud flaps (Toyota parts did not have flaps for the car - the Husky's work fine and look like original equipment - easy installation
    BajaRack - Expensive but you get what you pay for - easy installation
    RainX Latitude wiper blades
    AVS Ventshade

25,000 miles, only issues:

Would have preferred 18" tires
    Display panel for clock/temperature/average mileage unreadable in sunlight

6. Feb 28, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    NW4RUNNER

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4 runner trail
    Did you get the drive shaft replaced for clunk problem? It's under warranty and they won't do it unless you request.

7. Mar 1, 2013 at 4:22 AM
    Deercamp

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    Access Lite Rider Bed Cover, sill protectors, Weathertech mats, Wet Okole seat covers, de-badged, Plasti-Dipped Grill Emblem (black), LT 245/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure Kevlar tires
    I'm not aware of the drive shaft problem- no clunk or other discernible issue. If the drive shaft is defective, at what mileage does the problem surface? (I once owned a Peugeot 504 that had a drive shaft clunk so I'm somewhat familiar with what you've described- however, if my driveshaft is not defective, I'm somewhat reluctant to send it in and have a mechanic replace it- sort of like- "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy. That being said, I appreciate your heads up and will begin doing some research regarding the driveshaft issue.
    Thanks

8. Mar 1, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    NW4RUNNER

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4 runner trail
    It just clunks at quick stop and go. I'm not sure if its even an issue but toyota said they would replace it. The sound is not pleasant. Had mine fixed and no more issues

9. Mar 2, 2013 at 8:58 AM
    TacOffRoad11

TacOffRoad11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Georgetown, KY
    Vehicle:
    '18 F150 XLT
    I love my wifes 4Runner. Almost traded my Taco in on a Trail Edition but the needs of a truck outweighed the Runner.

10. Mar 4, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    kws129

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road Double Cab
    Just finished getting the running boards and mud guards put on over the weekend.

And having finally had the chance to really drive the car, I didn't go wrong. A little disappointed in a few things that I think Toyota cheapened up on the newer 4Runners compared ot the 2001 I had.

IMG-20130302-00257.jpg

11. Mar 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM
    NW4RUNNER

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4 runner trail
    Looks good

12. Mar 4, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    NW4RUNNER

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4 runner trail

Dug this up for you man. I agree if yours isn't broke, I wouldnt worry but if you need it here it is for the dealer...

Recall.jpg

13. Mar 5, 2013 at 8:24 PM
    kws129

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road Double Cab
    Did you put on the in channel vent shades? I heard some reports of them acting up with the auto power windows closing properly. With the windows being sensitive to the extra force it takes to close with them.

14. Mar 6, 2013 at 4:03 AM
    Deercamp

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the Toyota Technical Service Bulletin- it appears that the drive shaft problem is related to SR5 and Trail models- I've got the Limited which has full time AWD - (which may explain why I haven't experienced clunk and why it's not mentioned in the bulletin.) However my neighbor has a new Trail Edition so I'll share your information with him- Thanks.

Re: AVS vent shades, they are not "in channel". They remain solidly intact and I don't notice any wind noise. Due to liberal use of salt on NH highways during winter I routinely use a local car wash that offers undercarriage spray /rust protection. (I used to wash vehicles by hand and spray the undercarriage with the hose - however my last truck -2004 Sierra was well on its way to becoming a rust bucket when I got rid of it last year- my mechanic highly recommended the car wash under-carriage protection on all my vehicles). The automatic car wash has not damaged or loosened the vent shades.

Products Discussed in

To Top