1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Going to buy a lift what do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by KenpachiZaraki, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Jun 3, 2009 at 9:41 AM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki [OP] Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    Now that I'm paying my student loans like i should've done from the the beginning, I got my income tax, so now i might actually have money to buy me a lift kit! (Income Tax was going to students loans for the last 4 yrs!!!!:mad:) so i got about 1 grand i'm willing to spend, I was looking at the toytec OME with 885 and spacer. But i was reading around maybe going with downsouth motorsports and getting a pricebreak for being a TW member? (bilstein all around, 1/2 spacer up front, AAL in the rear?) I want to go with a total of 3" what do the all knowing members recommend (along with links if possible) and what else would be recommened i.e. UCA's, 2.5 or 3 deg shims

and another question, whats the biggest tire i can put on with a 3" lift? I do a little offroading in the sand and mud not too often, just to get my fix. 285s?? will i have to do a lot of trimming? any and all help is appreciated, thanks guys!!!

now to go deposit that check.....:D

2. Jun 3, 2009 at 1:40 PM
    KenpachiZaraki

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    Ok more or less have an idea of what i wanna get. Bilsteins all around, and rear AAL. The only thing is, is my truck broken???? i looked at the leafs today and it looks like one is missing, and the bed looks like its sagging from the back thus making it look like the bottom of the rear fender is pointed up. What gives???? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

From the back of the truck
    [​IMG]

Front of it
    [​IMG]

Side pic. Look how the bed looks like its pointing up
    2009-06-03142931_ed2ee6f64e81926e43b4d1a95e1453957d990403.jpg

What do you guys think?

3. Jun 3, 2009 at 1:54 PM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    It comes stock with a 3 leaf pack, there is a TSB for the rear suspension but i don't know much more than that, search for "tsb story" and that should help you find more information.

4. Jun 3, 2009 at 2:13 PM
    KenpachiZaraki

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    Yea after further reading i found out its stock with 3 leafsprings. anyone know if its possible at all to get the 4th by itsself?

5. Jun 4, 2009 at 12:56 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    if you had the warranty and under the mileage you could get the TSB done and that would replace your factory leafs with a new 4 leaf pack. Or you can just AAL, that would give you the 4th one..
    And every truck I have ever seen sits higher in the back than the front. well stock trucks. Thats to accommodate for weight in the bed.

6. Jun 4, 2009 at 6:29 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I'm pretty sure you are out of warranty and I don't tihnk you can just get the extra leaf from Toyota. You can get an aftermarket AAL or an aftermarket full leaf pack (Deaver, Dakar, etc) that will help you with the lift and fixing the tilt you see/feel.

welcome to the board and have fun!!

7. Jun 4, 2009 at 10:46 AM
    KenpachiZaraki

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the Help, yea, definatly wanna aal. I want the extra leaf just in case i ever decide to put a small ford in the back of the bed and carry it out of the mud:p

Products Discussed in

To Top