1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front plate bumper option for Canadians!? Or custom made...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Dick4x4, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Mar 9, 2013 at 7:21 AM
    Dick4x4

Dick4x4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Quebec
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 2.7 Auto
    Hi guys,

I want a plate bumper for my truck and even with a lot of researchs I did not found a supplier that will still offer me the options I want and a decent price.

I would prefer to buy in Canada because I consider it's a quite big part to import from US. Also it will be easier to save on freight, taxes and duty.

I'm open to buy from a custom shop but I need them to have the experience of Tacoma bumper fabrication. I could have found someone here in my area but I don't want them to guess something that will be bolting "about there" on the frame. I'd like to order a well made bumper ready to bolt-on, tried and trail tested.

Here what I'm looking for, maybe you could help me to narrow my search:

*Plate bumper for front protection (not a tube one).
    *Must have a winch plate enclosed to protect the winch
    *Must have a strong central hitch receiver
    *2 pairs of strong D-hook.
    *I like something that looks straight and efficient like the ARB model but I'm open on that
    *The sides does not have to be bullet proof with thick material. I'm looking for a good frame attachement and force transfert.
    *A standard light hoop would be nice also.

I could draw one and make it cut and welded but I don't have enough time theses days. I could also submit rough drawing if a shop would like to make one based on that.

Thanks!

2. Mar 9, 2013 at 7:37 AM
    Dick4x4

Member:
    Quebec
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 2.7 Auto
    Here is another model I like.

[​IMG]

Classical ARB design, therefore I don't need the all around bush guard

[​IMG]

3. Mar 9, 2013 at 8:30 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Cruisin Offroad in Kelowna

4. Mar 9, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    yota90ca

yota90ca Active Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD Sport
    All pro IFS, Bolt on sliders ARB Onboard Air
    I think he is located in Chilliwack. I know he has stuff for land cruisers and right now currently working on a new front bumper for the 2nd gen Tacoma's.

5. Mar 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Oh my bad , Chilliwack

6. Mar 9, 2013 at 11:47 AM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
  7. Mar 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
    Dick4x4

Member:
    Quebec
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 2.7 Auto
  8. Mar 10, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    Dick4x4

Member:
    Quebec
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 2.7 Auto
    It seems that the bumper in developpement will be made for 05+ models... Back to the first case.

Therefore, it's not impossible that I'm gonna send them an inquiry about the possibility to have one made for a first gen. Maybe they already have the experience of them.

9. Mar 11, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    westcoast

westcoast Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristen
    North Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    2010 Iceburg FJ
    BFG's, OME lift, full ricochet skids, sliders, Total Chaos UCAs, PIAA foglights, LED roof lights, 3 hoop Demello bumper, Metaltech Rear links, Gobi ladder, boztec CB mount, springtail racks, dented roofrack (don't ask!), BC & Arizona pinstriping
    If you can't find a Canadian Co, Demello makes bumpers for many toyotas with your specs I think. (mine is a DEmello if the picture is clear enough)

Made in the US (CA) so no duty, just your province taxes if you can pick it up just across the border. I got one for about 950 (group buy) and it only cost I think $90 and that was BC tax when I went through, no duty, no broker fees! When I ordered mine, the US shipping to my place across the border was very small. Good luck

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  10. Mar 21, 2013 at 12:55 PM
    bzzr2

bzzr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    whereabouts in quebec are you? i had a guy north of gatineau make me a hybrid bumper, from far it looks great, up close you can see how shitty his welds are, i think he had his apprentice do them, and the thing is completeley rusted after one winter.. the welds will hold things together fine so not really a concern for a truck that is not mean to be a show truck. price was right, 1000 for bumper and sliders. if interested i can send you pics and provide his details.

11. Mar 21, 2013 at 3:32 PM
    Dick4x4

Member:
    Quebec
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 2.7 Auto
    Thanks for your reply. I'm in Quebec city. I found a guy that did a couple of bumpers that I like on pre 95 Toyota trucks. People who bought them seems to be happy with it.

Besides, I'm gonna be able to ask him some customs add ons.

Here is a link on our local forum of one he did. Personnally I don't like the Toyota crest that is cutout trough so I'll ask for a plain. Price is good also.

http://www.quebec4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1077826&postcount=17

Another he did:
    http://www.quebec4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1082784&postcount=6

Products Discussed in

To Top