1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truckaddons.com...

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by LAoffroadin, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Oct 26, 2012 at 12:07 PM
    LAoffroadin

LAoffroadin [OP] BURY ME WITH MY TACO!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
    OK so I know they raent a vendor on here but i really want all my taco friends to know how they treat their customers...

Back in august around the 12th or so i ordered my weathertechs for my 2012 due to the special they had going on. I ordered them on their website, and it stated that they were all in stock and shipping was free.So i had them ordered and sent to my dads house because i was visiting him the coming week. I get there excited to install my new addition, and i had only rcvd my rears in. so i gave it a day figuring it was on a different shipment. Next day, no shipment, so i call them, no answer. i call again later that day, same result. I call again the next day and am told that ill recieve a call back within 24 hours with a answer. Never rcvd that call. i give it a week or so and call back only to find out that my shipment was backordered, so i asked to speak with the supervisor, they transfer me to "steve". He says," i dont know whty you are shocked because it clearly stated on our website that they were backordered. i corrected him by saying i wouldnt have ordered them had it said that. anyways he said hed call me back. never did. so now its june 20 and i call back and ask to speak to steve, he is out, so i ask the guy on the phone and he says that im not expected to recieve my shipment until july 20th. oh boy... so now im frustrated... what do i do? its now October 26th and im underway, so im unable to call these people to get my fronts, and still havent rcvd them. ahhhhh!

2. Oct 26, 2012 at 12:31 PM
    Ugly Betty

Ugly Betty Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mark
    TX
    Vehicle:
    85 extra cab on propane
    1985 ex cab, 92 toyota pickup, 95 4runner
    I've never had any problems with tuckadddons. And have order like 5 separate times from them and received nothing but the best customer service! Fedex Lost one Of my orders and scott did everything and more to make sure igot my stuff.

3. Oct 26, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    ziggynagy

ziggynagy All Glory To The Hypnotoad

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport AC 4x4 V6 Auto Tow
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    Did you order using a time machine??

4. Oct 26, 2012 at 1:36 PM
    NEAScott

NEAScott Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Toledo, Oh
    Vehicle:
    2014 Chevrolet Impala Limited

Josh

This is the first that I am hearing about any of this. I am the only person from Truckaddons that participates here on the board, and in most cases when a customer calls to mention TW, they transfer the calls to me right away. The "special" prices for the Weathertech mats are only available through me, not orders placed on the website.

Our site does not show inventory at all, whether it is in stock or backordered.

Finally, the only Steve we have here is at our retail store in our audio department. He has nothing to do with the website sales.

I would like to look into this further, could you please send me a PM with your order number (P01xxxxx), the phone number used to place the order, or the shipping address and zipcode.

5. Oct 26, 2012 at 1:45 PM
    TacoFMS

TacoFMS Bubble bubble bubble pop

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Just a vehicle to take trash to the dump
    One or two things modded... Check out the build thread
    something seems awfully fishy to me...... i mean why arent you using your time machine for better reasons than to order stuff for your truck in the future???

6. Oct 26, 2012 at 5:44 PM
    LAoffroadin

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc

i see where i screwed up... september 20 vice july 20th thanks for the catch. Corrections...

initial call around june 12
    july 20th 1st date promised to recieve my order
    september 20th = 2nd date promised to recieve my order

sorry for the confusion...

7. Oct 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM
    NEAScott

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Toledo, Oh
    Vehicle:
    This is one of our orders for sure guys. I am checking into what happened here and will hopefully have a positive outcome next week.

8. Oct 26, 2012 at 7:45 PM
    LAoffroadin

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    Thanks scott,

guys he truely is awesome and very helpful. Wish i had known to order through him before hand, my mistake.

Bravo Zulu to TAO and truckaddons.com

9. Oct 26, 2012 at 10:25 PM
    NEAScott

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Toledo, Oh
    Vehicle:
    Nothing at all wrong with who took your order ... just wishing I knew about it a lot sooner.

I can't figure out how, over the time span we are talking about here, that we didn't get connected after you had already placed multiple calls. That is what disappoints me.

10. Oct 27, 2012 at 9:24 AM
    LAoffroadin

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    Scotts on top of it, monday hell be in touch with the guy that placed my order i guess and theyll sort it out and figure out why i havent recieved my fronts at my new address that i passed to them twice. I notice he was working late for me and its been apprecciatted... ill have final update on tuesday!

thanks

11. Mar 13, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    dirtfondler

dirtfondler Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    00 F250 7.3L Diesel
    Interesting story and I had a similar experience with very poor communication from truckaddons. It seemed that Scott would reply on the forum, but no one else in the facility would return my voicemail or emails to them. I also ordered weathertech mats, and did so from truckaddons because I like to support vendors that support and participate in the forums.

Unfortunately, the fit of Weathertechs on the 2013 is crap. Despite at least 5 unanswered calls, 2 voicemails left, and 2 email inquiries I could not get any kind of return shipping label. I got an RGA number and was expected to return these on my dime, and could not even talk to someone to understand why. I bought a top dollar product that was defective (it is supposed to be a digital fit, but it was not) and I am responsible for that? While the product sucking is not their fault, how they handled it, or DID"NT HANDLE IT, is entirely on them.

I guess my next purchases will be from Amazon, they stand behind what they sell.

[​IMG]

12. Mar 13, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light
  13. Mar 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    Brentmeister

Brentmeister Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Dallas
  14. Mar 14, 2013 at 1:48 PM
    NEAScott

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Toledo, Oh
    Vehicle:
    Chris,

As we have discussed, there are known issues with the fitment of these mats on certain trucks. At this time, neither I (Truckaddons), nor Weathertech, can explain why there are a handful of trucks with this issue. That being said, I have sold far more of this same part number for the 2013 trucks where there have been no issues. Until this difference can be identified, it is hard to move forward with a fix.

As to your return, and our returns department. The information has been set out to you twice that I am aware of. I can't put the phone in their hand when you call, and I can't stand over their shoulder to see that they answer emails as they come in. I would love to send a call tag for the fronts myself, but I don't have the ability to do so.

I am trying to come too an acceptable conclusion here for both of us.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  15. Mar 16, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    dirtfondler

dirtfondler Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    00 F250 7.3L Diesel
    My complaint isnt with Scott. It is with Truckaddons. Scott has responded to many emails after hours and has always done what he said he was going to do. Unfortunately, as he stated, he cannot issue a call tag, nor manage the returns group.

As stated, there is a known fitment issue on some trucks yet these were sold with no suggestion to check a dimension first and now I am supposed to pay the $32 to return them. Dont sell a product you cant stand behind. Stand behind means making it right. I got the return information, but no one is responding to my request for a call tag. Charging the customer to test fit something that has a known fitment issue isnt making it right. That is my complaint with truckaddons, not the poor fitment.

I bought huskyliners from Amazon and they fit the same truck perfectly. I hate buying from Amazon, but they dont cost me money selling things that dont fit. That must mean that the weatherbeaters will only fit a handful of trucks, though I dont see a single complaint thread on that product.

16. Mar 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM
    guitar2323

guitar2323 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    clint
    saratoga springs new york
    Vehicle:
    2013 access cab TX Pro
    I have had bought 7 sets of Husky liners over the past few years for my own trucks and work trucks.The fitment was good on all.I was thinking of trying the weathertechs for my new taco,now I am definitely not.

17. Mar 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    These are some very helpful responses from Scott. It's only made me more confident about ordering from him in the future. Always great pricing and no issues from orders I have placed through Scott in the past.

18. Mar 18, 2013 at 12:44 AM
    AaronArf

AaronArf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    VA Beach
    Vehicle:
    2023 LR OR DCSB
    I will also chime in here and say that I have had no issues with TAO. I have placed 2 orders through Scott and have recommended him to several friends that are non-TW members who have had no issues purchasing Weathertechs for other vehicles from him. Best price around!

Sounds like this is just a known isolated fitiment issue that most will not have to deal with. I do agree you shouldn't be the one to foot the return shipping bill for issues out of your control since you did order 2013 mats. Especially since you were not warned of the possibility of them not fitting since it was a known issue. TAO or Weathertech should comp you the shipping charges/provide return labels free of charge.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  19. Feb 27, 2014 at 2:37 PM
    cadeucsb

cadeucsb Active Member

Member:
    Just FYI...i ordered a set from Scott in early January (paid via Paypal). Shipped the wrong part# for my truck. TruckAddons authorized a return direct to manufacturer and stated they would refund my paypal once the manufacturer received the part. Weathertech received it 1/28/14 and now I cant get a response from anyone at truckaddons.com (scott doesnt use PM and their phone is broken).

They 1-800 number is busy, their returns department wont respond (Randy Foley returns@truckaddons.com) and Paypal states its not a disputable payment.

So it appears they ripped me off.

P.S Scott has been great and left the company a while back.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  20. Feb 27, 2014 at 2:50 PM
    jake72

jake72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    N.E. PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd off-road dcsb mt
    they have great prices, but some of us had really slow shipping on stuff odered.

To Top