1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what is the most money you would spend on a knife?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by aficianado, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Mar 14, 2013 at 9:26 PM
    TROKITA

TROKITA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Utah, the valley
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma TRD supercharged
    Supercharged, Custom sunroof, 6 inch lift, wheel spacers, over the rail tire carrier
    Free99 :D i got a SOG knife for free :) there freaken awesome

2. Mar 14, 2013 at 9:47 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Wow.
    I know it's an entirely different world, but seeing it in print drives it home.

My "daily use knife" (if you want to call it a knife)... I set the bevel on a DMT1200. I would only go down to the DMT325 if I needed to hone out a chip.

From there, if I'm using synthetic stones, I'll progress to 4k, 8k, 12k, and finish off on a Chinese 12k.
    But normally I'll just run the entire process on a Belgian Coticule, gradually diluting the slurry until clear, then adding a layer of electrical tape to the spine and a couple dozen polishing laps with mineral oil.

My $350 "knife"

[​IMG]

3. Mar 14, 2013 at 10:05 PM
    Desert Drifter

Desert Drifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Central Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4, SR5
    Icon MT suspension, Pelfreybuilt front bumper, Relentless skids, Avid sliders, Avid custom rack. Pelfreybilt HC Rear bumper.
    I have seen a lot of beautiful knives and understand the handwork that goes into them. But for me a knife is a tool and it is going to get used, sometimes even abused. I have a hard time spending $100, and have many at half that that are good reliable knives. My daily carry is a Spiderco. I have a couple Bencmade that are nice too, and probably 50 more new in box knives at this time because I like knives!

4. Mar 14, 2013 at 11:13 PM
    logcabinwc

logcabinwc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    SF East Bay
    Vehicle:
    08 4d 4x4 White V6 TRD
    Old Man Emu 885s with Nitrocharged 90000, Bilstein 5100 in the back with AllPro 3 spring progressive AAL, 16 inch Baja Black 6-spoke alloy wheels, Flow Master exhaust, bed lights, Pioneer HD radio, Uniden CB Radio, K&N Air filter, BAMF Sliders w/kickout, Relentless Aluminum IFS Skid, 24 LED light bar, custom/homebuilt expedition style bed rack and basket combo, and Body Armor rear plate bumper.
    would love to see this.. thinking about making my brother a knife for a b-day present

5. Mar 15, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    logcabinwc

logcabinwc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    SF East Bay
    Vehicle:
    08 4d 4x4 White V6 TRD
    Old Man Emu 885s with Nitrocharged 90000, Bilstein 5100 in the back with AllPro 3 spring progressive AAL, 16 inch Baja Black 6-spoke alloy wheels, Flow Master exhaust, bed lights, Pioneer HD radio, Uniden CB Radio, K&N Air filter, BAMF Sliders w/kickout, Relentless Aluminum IFS Skid, 24 LED light bar, custom/homebuilt expedition style bed rack and basket combo, and Body Armor rear plate bumper.
    Looks great! how long did it take you to finish up? Like I said, I'd like to do this and make one for my brother. I can find all the supplies on line but I'm just a little worried about time and my tools. Really only have basic tools, one hacksaw, sand paper, etc. Have all the knife sharpening supplies though so that wouldn't be a problem.

6. Mar 15, 2013 at 12:19 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Repped. Stunning stunning knife. I want one.

I have the same one but not the Tanto version. Carry it on every call I go to. Love it to bits.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pretty sure I dropped like $375+ on this.

Worth every penny.

7. Mar 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    taco47001

taco47001 Newborn

Member:
    Aurora, IN
    Vehicle:
    LX470
    I spent $200+ (can't remember exact price) on my benchmade auto-opener. Tanto point blade, push button auto. I got it before a major deployment. The story is very long and boring but the short....they sent me a new one....free of charge after seeing the pictures of the remains of the original one. I'll spend good $ on another benchmade if I ever need one.

Products Discussed in

To Top