1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best Aftermarket Weather Mats?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by thebrick, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Mar 17, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    tacomarandy

tacomarandy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central FL
    Vehicle:
    '13 Prerunner SR5
    I have Husky Weatherbeaters in my 4Runner and Tacoma. They are expensive in my opinion--but worth it if you track in crap or have kids that do the same.

The back mat for the 4runner is great!

I just can't find Weatherbeaters for my friend's 2013 Highlander. They're not listed on the Husky site for some reason either. May have to try out Weathertechs on that one.

2. Mar 17, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    This thread got me leaning towards Huskey.

3. Mar 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    thebrick

thebrick [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Frontrange
    Vehicle:
    06 2.7L Base
    fox 2.0 remote res toytec UCA all pro add a leaf bilstein 5100 all pro standard bumper hid kit
    thanks for the advice. Husky's it is. Cant beat the competitive advantage of a lifetime warranty.

4. Mar 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    Not yelling. It is called emphasis.

I'm not going to argue. Husky Liners cover up behind the pedals where your dirty feet are going to be. It is lots more than an inch.

Weathertech liners do not cover this area. They hang on the clutch pedal ( unless you cut them ) and they have holes for the stock hold downs... I prefer to not have holes in the liner, it sort of defeats the purpose. Weather techs are not bad liners, they are not my preference. You are entitled to your opinion. I have owned both in order to base my opinion.

I don't ride around with my muddy feet on the door sills, Do You?

5. Mar 18, 2013 at 5:10 AM
    rr1960

rr1960 Bobo

Member:
    mount juliet tn
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner, debadged, 24.5 mpg
    access literider bed cover, wade digital fit floor mats, raised rear view mirror bracket, seat belt chime disable, led interior lights, aftermarket cruise control, blackened headlights, eyelids, avs bug deflector, afe air filter, mb torque alloy wheels, mesh grill, okole seat covers, pop & lock locking tailgate
    I recently got a front set of mats on Amazon. Made by wade/westin co. Called surefit. They are very similar to weather tech at almost half the cost. I got the black ones for my 10 pre runner. Very satisfied.

6. Mar 18, 2013 at 7:48 AM
    dirtfondler

dirtfondler Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    00 F250 7.3L Diesel
    I have noticed that the majority of people who are recommending they Huskyliners have stated that they have owned both.

7. Mar 18, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    yotaman90

yotaman90 bröther may I have some lööps

Member:
    Taos, NM
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    I like my Weathertechs a lot. One of the my best investments in my truck IMO. I did have to trim a small amount off of the driver side mat since it would catch the clutch pedal, but it was less than half an inch and was a piece of cake to do. Weathertech mats just seem to be heavier duty than the Husky Liners

8. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    MEMO CAMPOS

MEMO CAMPOS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Westminster, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    05 PRERUNNER
    TC Upper Arms, ICON coilovers, Camburg spindles, AP standard leaf packs, ICON Resi.'s, AFE intake, Magnaflow Magnapack, Defiant Light Bar with PIAA 580's, 6K HID's top and bottom
    I Wouldn't do anything but weathertechs, best investment ever!

9. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    deez

deez Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    The I.E. - SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2002 V6 SR5 TRD 4WD
    Too many to list
    Exactly. The reason why I went with Husky for my FJ over 5 years ago. When doing research, I noticed a lot of people (who had experience with both) recommended Husky over WT.

I've been more than happy enough with them since. Enough so, that I bought a full set for my recently-acquired Taco. Pricey, but well worth it if you're concerned about your interior.

10. Mar 18, 2013 at 11:15 AM
    LoneCynic

LoneCynic Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio, USA
    Vehicle:
    NBM Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road & Towing
    SmittyBuilt Side Steps, DeeZee Bed Mat, TRD Shift Knob, Pop & Lock Tailgate lock, Stantz Locking Gas Cap, Marshall Instruments Oil Pressure & Oil Temperature Gauges
    I tried searching on Amazon for the Husky's after reading this thread, but the over abundance of search results and varying pictures made it difficult to pinpoint the ones that are for my truck. I have a 2013 Access Cab with grey interior. Could someone point me in the direction of a link to the ones everyone is praising in this thread that would fit my truck?

11. Mar 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    LOL, at arguing over floor mats. Anyway OP, I got the weathertechs, and really happy with them. Your best bet is to Google some pics of each in a Tacoma, so you can see what you think will work for you. That's what I did. G/L.

12. Mar 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM

127.0.0.1 AKA ::1

Member:
    /etc/hosts
    Vehicle:
    2013 NBM AC 4.0 4x4 Auto OR
    go here
    http://www.huskyliners.com/

husky classic style floor liners
    http://www.huskyliners.com/site/?callHandle=product&catID=18

NOTE: notice they don't look all as fancy as weathertechs
    but they hold in the slop better, that's what I care about. Function over form.

[​IMG]

If huskys other mats, (weatherbeaters) which look more like Weathertech Laser fit, hold the same
    glop then get those. The pictures show the same additional coverage over the dead pedal
    and throttle as the classics, But i don't have weatherbeaters...I only have experience with the classics.

and these damn things will show almost zero wear after 14 years or more. I know first hand.

--------
    My summary.

all mats prevent some wear and garbage from soaking in...

and when clicking the heels together before swinging the legs inside doesn't clean off your boots 100%,

Weathertech look sexy but let you down if you have 4 seasons mung to keep off the rug,
    mung will get under the mats, up by the pedals and down at the hooks
    and not just a little bit of it...a lot will eventually drop under the mats
    if your shoes have crud on them when you enter vehicle,

Husky look sort of plain but damn they actually keep the whole carpet crap free.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  13. Mar 18, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    kryten

kryten Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport DCSB 6MT 4x4
    1" lift from 3rd gen suspension, 265/75/16 ATs
    It would be more fair to compare Weathertech DigitalFits to Husky Liner Weatherbeaters. They seem to be comparable price.

I would give Husky's a try. Currently on a set of WeatherTechs.

Husky Liner Weatherbeater:

[​IMG]

WeatherTech DigitalFit:

[​IMG]

14. Mar 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    TacomaJack09

TacomaJack09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jackson
    Montana!
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4x4
    Billie 5100's, Ride Rite Airbags, Tech Deck
    Here's another option I ran into:

Wade-Westin Sure Fit mats $65:
    http://www.amazon.com/72-110032-Bla...r=2006|2006&carId=001&n=15684181&s=automotive

Toyota Nation Review:
    http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61-2nd-generation-2005/331765-wade-sure-fit-floor-mats.html

TW Review:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/196039-wade-westin-sure-fit-mats.html

Just ordered me a set for $65, I'll test them out and post a review as well. I was down to the Husky and these, but the classic Husky's are ugly, and the weather beaters aren't that much cheaper than Weather techs. These seem to have the same coverage as the Weather Techs looking at the photo's... Stay tuned.

Also, they're made in the USA!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  15. Apr 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    triplejjj

triplejjj Pictographer

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X 4X4
    LoPro QT, Toyota Bed Mat, Husky Liners, ScanGauge, WeatherTech Deflectors, Drop in Billet Grill, Train Horns, PanoFlex Window Tint, Viper Alarm, Remote Start, Console Vault,
    I had Husky in my Tundra for three years and never had to vacuum
    or clean the carpet once.

The photo they use looks like crap but they look way better than that.

16. Apr 6, 2013 at 3:06 PM
    Jetman1979

Jetman1979 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma 4X4
    I had the weather tech in my Tundra fit was awsome only thing is they do not have the little spikes found on the bottom that grip your carpet. i took them out when I traded my truck in for my Tacoma. I will install weather tech again in my Tacoma. I still have the Tundra set for sale on Craigs list they are tan in color and only 5 months old.

17. Apr 10, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    Jetman1979

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma 4X4
    So i installed my new weather techs they look sharp. Only one thing I had to trim the driver side front just a little the clutch was getting hung up on it. Took care of it with a box cutter.

18. Apr 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    Jetman1979

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma 4X4
    Just to let you guys know I spoke to the weather tech service girl today(nice lady and she speaks english). I called her about the weather tech I just installed on my 2009 manual transmission. I told her I had to trim off under the clutch to keep it from hanging up. She told me that they are not made for manual transmissions. Sure as day I went to there web sight and in small red print it says that.
    Just wanted to let you guys know that. I still love them. But if you trim it off you void the warranty on that mat that is what she told me.

19. Apr 10, 2013 at 2:14 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    bummer, but in all honesty..............I dont think u will have any need for warranty claims :)

I may be wrong, but I dont think i have seen 1 person mention a warranty claim on the weathertechs.............I see more vehicle warranty issues, and more people transferring their "old" weathertechs into new vehicles.

20. Sep 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    iimig

iimig Member

Member:
    MT
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD Sport DCLB MGM
    33" Toyo R/Ts, 3" OME
    From this thread I have gathered that the Huskys appear to do a better job by a slim margin but I am curious what ones look better? The Classic Huskys clearly don't look as good as the DigitalFits but what if we are comparing the DigitalFits to the WeatherBeaters? From the pics it looks like the WeatherBeaters conform to the rear area a lot better with the little wings that go backwards but what about in real life?

Products Discussed in

To Top