1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sterling Equipment 2012 Tacoma Winch Mount

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by cfagan14, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Mar 23, 2013 at 5:33 PM
    cfagan14

cfagan14 [OP] GaTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB 4X4 TRD OR Quicksand
    I had never heard of this company before but while looking at winch mounts I came across them. Their website hasn't been updated in awhile but they respond quickly to emails and the guy I talked to Wade, was very helpful in answering all my question. They offer a wide variety of options to choose from and the model I chose has wrap-around hoops.Their turn around time is fairly accurate and within 3 weeks it was at my door. They also offer a mount for 2005-2011 Tacoma's and actually MileMarker is selling them with a clearance pricing of 175.00 with the hoops. I would've jumped all over that deal but, was told it would not fit the 2012-2013 models. Also on the ones MileMarker is selling, the hoops bolt on but other than that it is the exact same mount, MileMarker just puts their name on it.
    Anyhow, back to the mount. I looked at the Warn Trans4mer set-up but its pretty pricy, running about $1000 with the winch tray and hoops. This mount on the other hand was a reasonable 545.00 + 130.00 shipping so 675.00 grand total. This mount also has some advantages to the Warn, that includes having a solid one piece design as its all welded together and having a powder-coated finish. Now the one issue that I did have is that one of the support straps was misshaped but Wade took care of the issue fairly fast. Regarding weight, it measures out to be about 115 lbs so its a fairly stout mount. Now, it did not include any recovery points so I added some Warn tow hooks. For the winch, I went with a Warn VR-8000 with the synthetic rope which I would highly recommend over the steel. Overall, I'm fairly satisfied with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone. Some pics!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  2. May 7, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    ol doc gully

ol doc gully Active Member

Member:
    brohio
    Vehicle:
    14 DCSB OR MGM
    you pulled with that thing yet? definitely a nice price... surprised nobodys responded

3. Jun 2, 2014 at 7:30 AM
    cfagan14

cfagan14 [OP] GaTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB 4X4 TRD OR Quicksand
    Yeah I've used it a couple times now. Up in the mountains as well as when Atlanta got hit with snow earlier this year.

Products Discussed in

To Top