1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Been lurking for a year, here's my build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by evilbit, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Apr 2, 2013 at 4:54 PM
    evilbit

evilbit [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Emir
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport 6spd V6 Access
    Leer 122 shell (high top), 3" OME lift, diff drop kit, Total Chaos UCAs, DeMello hybrid bolt on rock sliders, Pelfreybilt rear bumper with swing-out gate, Pelfreybilt aluminum skid plates (IFS/mid), ARB front bumper w/ custom MLO light pods, Rigid 24" light bar, ARB Air Locker front/back, 4.56 gears, ARB high output compressor with pump-up kit, scuba mod, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with synthetic cable, 255/85/16 BFG MT T/A KM2 on ProComp Rock Crawler Series 87 steelies, Wet Okole seat covers, WeatherTech floor trays, Hypertech Inline Speedo Calibrator, JVC KD-X50BT mechless stereo, LED lights (interior/rear+brake/reverse/front marker)
    This forum has been a tremendous resource for me as I made build decisions in the last year since I got this truck. Thanks to everyone for being so helpful, and for maintaining such a positive community.

Here's few phone shots of my truck (check out the sidebar for list of major mods). I live in Utah and go on extended weekend trips, mainly southern Utah but also Wyoming, Idaho). I'm itching to do something longer, perhaps down to Mexico and on to South America, or north to Canada, maybe Alaska.

Big 3.5" stainless steel bolts mounted on the bullbar are used to mount the HiLift Jack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Relocated clutch start cancel button allowed for a neat bank of ARB switches.

[​IMG]

Mechless JVC stereo unit with BT; I love 3G + Pandora, tho it's a bummer tag display doesn't work with Android (only iPhones, it seems). Also got a nice new cubby with a single head unit.

[​IMG]

I also got an outdoor winter carpet roll which fit neatly over folded jump seats in the back. Went to Home Depot and got a roll that roughly corresponded to the folded seat area (I forget now what it was). I had to cut off maybe 6" piece off one end and cut a few slits to stabilize it on the existing seat back hardware. That's where I keep my recovery bag (gloves, tow strap, tree saver, snatch block, shackles, tire inflation/deflation kit, etc), a light plastic storage box with random stuff (extra winter gear, shopping bags, pump up kit, etc), and that's where the dog rides, too (you see her poking out behind the front in one of the shots).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm getting rock sliders next (trying to get in on a demello group buy).

After that I plan on building a bed platform and a storage solution (under the platform, as well as tie down points for top side), with perhaps a pull out table. I also daydream of a roof basket with 2 full size spare wheels, and a long range tank conversion in the original spare space. Maybe dual battery relocation setup. More armor. Relocating winch solenoid to under the hood. Snorkel, breathers, sealing the winch, and other wading prep.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  2. Apr 2, 2013 at 4:56 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Didn't see the links to pic's on my tapatalk.. Nice build! Embed the pics man :)

3. Apr 2, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    evilbit

Member:
    First Name:
    Emir
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    Leer 122 shell (high top), 3" OME lift, diff drop kit, Total Chaos UCAs, DeMello hybrid bolt on rock sliders, Pelfreybilt rear bumper with swing-out gate, Pelfreybilt aluminum skid plates (IFS/mid), ARB front bumper w/ custom MLO light pods, Rigid 24" light bar, ARB Air Locker front/back, 4.56 gears, ARB high output compressor with pump-up kit, scuba mod, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with synthetic cable, 255/85/16 BFG MT T/A KM2 on ProComp Rock Crawler Series 87 steelies, Wet Okole seat covers, WeatherTech floor trays, Hypertech Inline Speedo Calibrator, JVC KD-X50BT mechless stereo, LED lights (interior/rear+brake/reverse/front marker)
    Ask and ye shall receive ;)

4. Apr 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    The more i see that ARB bumper the more it burns my wallet to not have it. :laugh:

Subbed :popcorn:

5. Apr 2, 2013 at 5:20 PM
    saundern

saundern Swerve for nothing

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Simpsonville, SC
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport
    damn good looking rig man!

6. Apr 4, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    ivoryaddict

ivoryaddict Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD offroad MGM DCSB
    Custom Headache Rack, BAMF Kick-out sliders with fill plate Level Kit, ARB bumper, Warn Winch Ruff Tuff Digital Camo Seat Covers Fuel 16" Boost Wheels Duratrac 285/75/16 X-tra D-Rings in Bed
    Nice build, very functional. Good looking tires and bumper. The carpet on the rear seats was a good idea, might be doing that myself. Thanks for the idea.

7. Apr 4, 2013 at 8:55 AM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Damn nice truck..

8. Apr 4, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    RMAN808

RMAN808 S)(AKALO)(AWAII

Member:
    First Name:
    Reid
    Pearl City, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD OR 4X4 Quicksand
    That is a very sick build you got there! Lurking has definitely paid off for you huh? :thumbsup:

9. Apr 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    Fifthwind

Fifthwind Master of None

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Vehicle:
    Scully
    Barcelona Red 09 DCOR- Icon 2.5" ECOs w/CDC - 14" 700lb, ICON 2.0 RR Ext rears, AP EXPO pack, Diff Wedge, Diff and Skid Drop, Discoverer S/T 255/85/16, Ride-Rite Bags w/ Daystars, ARB Bull/winch Bumper, Warn 8k, ARB CMK12, Budbuilt skids, BAMF bolt on sliders BAMF diff diaper, bedlights, hoodlights, BAMF CB, etc.
    Nice build. I have to admit that the ARB has been on my wish list for a while. What's your wheel/tire/spacer setup? Looks like a good climber.

10. Apr 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM
    evilbit

Member:
    First Name:
    Emir
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    ARB is the s...tuff. The only thing of theirs I was disappointed with was the tire deflator - the gauge looked really cheap and was off by like 50%! Thanks to Amazon Prime, I returned it right away. On board air (CKMA12) is a really nice thing as I can readily deflate down to 12psi for the trail and bring it back up to 45psi for the road within minutes.

Tires are Cooper Discoverer S/T 255/85/R16 on Pro Comp Series 87 16x8 (6 on 5.5 bolt) steelie with 3.75 backspace. I really wanted the Series 52 but they can't clear Tacoma's brakes.

I think the 4.56 gears do more for the climbing ability than anything else :)

Products Discussed in

To Top