1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Magic Eraser

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Flynn Diesel, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Apr 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    Flynn Diesel

Flynn Diesel [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    •BFG AT KO 285/70/17, XD Addict 17x9, Light Racing UCA’s, Billstein 5100’s, OME 885’s, Toytec AAL, Seat Belt warning disable, Grill Craft Black MX Upper & Lower Grill, VisionX 55/65 watt xenon Low/High Beam lights. FOG Light only Mod. Tailgate theft prevention mod. Wet Okole armrest mod. Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech floor liners. AMP Bed Extender. Wet Okole Seat Covers. Pioneer P4200DVD
    So call me a little anal when it comes to keeping my ride clean. I want to keep it looking new for as long as possible. So after giving it a bath yesterday I noticed a bunch of ugly marks I just could not remove with soap and water. Most noticeably were the nasty scratch/scuff marks under the door handles. Even my best car cleaning products could not remove them. So I busted out the Magic Eraser! The results were Magical!

DISCLAIMER: The packaging clearly says not to use on glossy surfaces and auto body.

As soft as the Magic Eraser feels it’s actually very abrasiveand can cause fine scratches and dulling. It may not be as noticeable on white paint as it would be a darker color so I strongly recommend you use caution when using this product.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Apr 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    707tothe907

707tothe907 Superior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Chico NorCal
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB Off Road
    Looks way better! Awesome!

3. Apr 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    I use Magic Erasers all of the time on the black plastic parts of the truck - bumpers, mirrors, window trim - its amazing. I got tired of the faded grey look and hated the shiny finish other products would leave. The Magic Erasers get rid of all of the built up gunk on the surface of the plastic and bring it back to almost new.

4. Apr 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    Flynn Diesel

Flynn Diesel [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    •BFG AT KO 285/70/17, XD Addict 17x9, Light Racing UCA’s, Billstein 5100’s, OME 885’s, Toytec AAL, Seat Belt warning disable, Grill Craft Black MX Upper & Lower Grill, VisionX 55/65 watt xenon Low/High Beam lights. FOG Light only Mod. Tailgate theft prevention mod. Wet Okole armrest mod. Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech floor liners. AMP Bed Extender. Wet Okole Seat Covers. Pioneer P4200DVD
    Have you noticed any fading?

5. Apr 8, 2013 at 4:01 PM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    I was thinking of doing this just the other day. My mirrors are full of scratches and pin stripes!

6. Apr 8, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    No fading...I think the black parts look so much better by just using the erasers. Of course this is all on unpainted plastic, never used it on the painted parts of the body.

7. Apr 19, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    88nitro305

88nitro305 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2012 white DCSB TRD OR
    Ever use it on the interior? My door handles and center console being light tan show dirt like crazy and I was wondering if the Magic Eraser would be the perfect tool to use

Products Discussed in

To Top