1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New BF All Terrains/Billies at 1.75" Review

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rhody76, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Apr 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    Rhody76

Rhody76 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Rear leaf TSB, Bilstein 5100s set at 1.75",1" blocks, UWS low profile toolbox in black, husky liners, tint, LED interior and reverse lights, yellow fogs
    I took a 200 mile round trip journey today, mostly highway, and I wanted to review the new BFs I had recently installed. Price was about $1000 installed for size 265/70/17. They are Load range C

They do have somewhat of a hum but nothing that can really be noticed inside the cab at highway speed. Overall I would say pretty quiet.

These are a heavy duty tire and I did notice the ride is slightly stiffer than with the dunlops that came stock. Especially going over potholes and such at low to moderate speed.

Off the highway,I got into some sloppy/muddy areas and I did not break traction at all. Just went easy on the gas and had no slippage at all. These tires get great traction. In the snow they are great as well for stopping and getting going. I've had these on past vehicles

On the highway at high speed (85 mph+) they performed great. Couldn't have been happier with the ride and performance. My truck has Bilsteins set at 1.75 up front, rear 1" blocks, and rear leaf TSB. No vibrations, no pulling or drifting on highway. Everything felt great. I was also impressed with the power of the V6 engine. No problem with passing power even at 80+ MPH.

Overall very happy with the new tires, lift, and truck in general.

photo-17.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top