1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leer cap question??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ledge76, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Apr 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    ledge76

ledge76 [OP] Member

Member:
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    So I have found a Leer xq shell on Craigslist and my question is this top is at a car dealer and he's says the color is slate metallic off of a 2010 Tacoma. Which is not possible.

Is there a tag on the cap anywhere that says what it fits and color code??

It is a few hours away and would hate to get there and it be the wrong color or it is off a tundra.

Thanks

2. Apr 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Mine has a tag with a serial number but you would probably need to find out from Leer what the specs are for that particular number

3. Apr 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    NCTacoma

NCTacoma Rather be in the mtns

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    CLT, NC
    Vehicle:
    Sold- Searching for 1st gen
    Beat me to it Oz. Seems like the factory would be able to tell you what it matches up to. Mine is on the left just inside the door.

P1030728.jpg

4. Apr 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    ledge76

ledge76 [OP] Member

Member:
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Thanks, I'll find out. The guy is out of town til Monday but it's a great deal at 350.00 and he says it's in perfect condition.

5. Apr 20, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    That price is a steal for an XQ. I have an XQ as well and have the serial number plate. Leer should be able to tell you what paint code is associated with the serial number on the plate. I had to give Leer my VIN number when I placed my order so they could match the paint, so they absolutely have the information on file somewhere.

6. Apr 20, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    My Leer cap was painted at the dealer, not the factory. They come in plain, and they do their best to colour match it. But there should still be some sort of paperwork to show which paint code they used to match it.

7. Apr 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Say wut

http://www.leer.com/How-Your-LEER-Is-Made

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  8. Apr 21, 2013 at 3:37 AM
    tvagreene

tvagreene Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Ooltewah, TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 Pyrite Mica Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    TRD exhaust, matte black badges and Bedside stickers, Bilstein 5100s front and rear, Eibach Coils, heated leather seats
    If you are looking at the Leer cap in Dayton, Tn it is pyrite mica. I know this because it came off of the truck that I bought from them.

9. Apr 21, 2013 at 6:28 AM
    ledge76

ledge76 [OP] Member

Member:
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Yep that's the one! That sucks!

Well if someone is looking for a nice leer in pyrite mica, Craigslist Chattanooga.

Thanks for letting me know. I've been looking hard for a magnetic grey topper for my new Tacoma. Just had a boy so had to have the four doors now I'm realizing I need a topper for all the other stuff.

10. Apr 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    tvagreene

tvagreene Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Ooltewah, TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 Pyrite Mica Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    TRD exhaust, matte black badges and Bedside stickers, Bilstein 5100s front and rear, Eibach Coils, heated leather seats
    Yea it is definately a steal. I believe someone on here is going to look at it monday. I should have bought when I bought the truck as the guy who traded it in had the leer, a bull bar and tube step rails that he took off but I negotiated for the dealer to have the bull bar and rails put back on it, but I didn't need the leer or for that matter realize what they were worth.
    If the guy doesn't but it monday I am probably going to buy it and sell it myself, at that price I can make a profit.

Products Discussed in

To Top