1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello FELLOW TACOMA ENTHUSIAST!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by MEANGREENTACOMA09, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Jun 13, 2009 at 12:19 AM
    MEANGREENTACOMA09

MEANGREENTACOMA09 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica 09 DBL CAB 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD
    TRD cat back exhaust, rain visors, limo tent on back pasenger windows and 35 percent added to back factory tint window. 35 on front driver and pasenger side. Sport pedals, all weather fl mats, roof rack, front skid plate , BFG ALL TERAINS including spare. ALL installed by dealer.

I have always loved Toyota trucks, especially Toyota 4x4’s. I bought my first new vehicle when I was 19, worked two jobs all summer to put half down on a New 1992 Toyota truck. Would have loved to have had it be a 4x4 but couldn’t afford it. Truck was Metallic Grey, with 5 speed no power steering, but had air conditioner and a tape player stereo and a bumper. (Can you believe rear bumpers were optional back then? At least on the base trucks) . One week after I got my truck I saw a green Tacoma going down the street and wished my dealer would have had that option on the lot. I have always loved green trucks. Well I had my little Tacoma for over 14 years and 130,000 miles only replaced brakes, tires and clutch along with a fan motor for the A/C. Awesome! I traded it in for a 2007 FJ cruiser, but didn’t like the rear hinge doors and getting my son in and out of the back. When I bought my FJ I was eyeing the dbl cab Tacoma’s. So Last December I took my FJ in and traded it in on a new Timberland Mica Toyota Tacoma DBL cab 4x4 TRD OFF Road with Roof rack and front accessory skid plate and a TRD cold air intake that came installed with the truck, (intake was not listed on the sticker) (bonus)! Also came with the silver sport pedals and all weather mats. Well a month ago my son and I were driving through a green light, just 2 blocks from our house. Out of the corner of my eye I see a big red truck coming right for the driver side of the truck. I tried to floor it and swerve but the guy was doing about 60. He ran the red light, no insurance, no license, no abla English. He got three tickets, one for running it, and one for having no license and the other for having no insurance. He actually tried to leave the scene and got about a block down the road before his truck would not go any further. He hit us so hard it knocked my truck up on the curb and into some people’s yard. My son and I were ok thank God. After a month of stress and frustration the insurance company worked out a deal to pay the truck off. There was over 17,000 dollars worth of damage to the rear end of the truck. The suspension and axle were destroyed. I did not want her back. The side curtain airbags deployed, she protected us well. I have loaded the pictures of the wrecked Tacoma for everyone to see. I plan to load the pictures of my new one I just picked up a week ago Thursday some time this weekend :D. I love the Timberland Mica Green color and I finally have my dream truck back. Finding another Green Tacoma was hard. I live in Memphis and found this one in Nashville. Hope everyone has had a great week and hopefully a great weekend!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jun 13, 2009 at 12:27 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    Welcome to TW and glad you and your son were ok

3. Jun 13, 2009 at 1:00 AM
    raven

raven Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    '09 Access Cab V6 Off/Road
    Congrats on getting your dream truck and great to hear you and your son were okay. She was a beauty and looks like you were just fractions of a second from escaping without a scratch.

Welcome to TW!

4. Jun 13, 2009 at 1:04 AM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    welcome, glad you got your dream ride fella.

5. Jun 13, 2009 at 6:23 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    :wave:hello & welcome to TW:wave:

6. Jun 13, 2009 at 6:41 AM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    Welcome to T/W glad you and your son are ok

7. Jun 13, 2009 at 7:01 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    Glad your truck protected you. There are a few other stories on here about times that a Tacoma has protected her passengers. I've never had the experience, but I feel safe driving around in mine.

Welcome to TW. I'm looking forward to pics of the new truck. I'm a big fan of that color, too.

8. Jun 13, 2009 at 7:25 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Looks like a hard hit, glad to hear everyone is OK. Any air bag burn?
    Oh, welcome to TW :cheers:

9. Jun 13, 2009 at 9:19 AM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    It’sa Lexus, boogie woogie woogie
    Welcome to TW! Looks like the truck held up pretty good to the hit! Did the other guys truck look worse?

And I hear ya on loving green Tacomas...I wish mine was green :(

10. Jun 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    effin A dude....that taco got thrashed!! good pics on the green though...definately the right color

11. Jun 13, 2009 at 1:58 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    WOW! Sorry for the LOSS, glad you are OK!

Welcome to the forum!

12. Jun 13, 2009 at 4:45 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Wow dude that was close. Your intuition to speed up and try to move probably saved your lives. I'm glad you and your son are safe. You're a great story teller as well. I was on the edge of my seat wondering what was about to happen next.
    Hope you get that truck again and soon.
    Don't forget to get that intake out of the old Taco and anything else you want to keep (Rear-view mirror with the monitor, headlight, skid-plate, etc.
    :) Take care.

13. Jun 13, 2009 at 5:28 PM
    Edrin55

Edrin55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Chula Vista, CA (Eastlake)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Magnetic Gray TRD Sport Access Cab
    Avid Off Road Light Bar Line-X'd, Black Sand Pearl Hood Scoope, Truck Covers USA metal roll up bed cover, Thule Custom lockable light bar, TRD Sport Exhaust, Line-X'd TRD skid plate, Slee Off Road Sliders, Upgraded 3.5" Rearview Mirror/Monitor, Anytime Foglight Mod. (TY Jeff), Smoked Foglights, SilverStar Headlight & Foglight Bulbs, Tinted windows all around, Vent visors, Bed mat with security mod, Wet Okoles front & back, Race/Sport Pedals, Tailgate Clamps, PopNLcok 5300 Tailgate Lock, All weather mats, Helo 17x8 Hubcentric Rims & BFG All Terrain 265/70/17, Blisteins 5100's all around with mini leaf add to the rears, AFE Pro Dry drop in filter, Go Rhino Hitch Step, TRD License Plate Frames and Tire Valve Covers. GrillCraft MX Mesh upper and lower grills with "old school TOYOTA" FJ emblem, Cobra CB Radio, Firestick CB Antenna with custom mount.
  14. Jun 13, 2009 at 5:40 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    you totally should have saved the roof rack and sent it to me...haha

15. Jun 13, 2009 at 8:20 PM
    MSteinhauer

MSteinhauer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 DoubleCab SR5
    Good job speeding up to try to avoid the impact. Glad to hear you and your son were unharmed. Welcome to Tacoma World!

16. Jun 13, 2009 at 8:22 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    welcome to tw!!

17. Jun 14, 2009 at 11:30 AM
    MEANGREENTACOMA09

Member:
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    TRD cat back exhaust, rain visors, limo tent on back pasenger windows and 35 percent added to back factory tint window. 35 on front driver and pasenger side. Sport pedals, all weather fl mats, roof rack, front skid plate , BFG ALL TERAINS including spare. ALL installed by dealer.
    You guys are great! I wish I could have pulled some parts off the truck but with the way Allstate worked it out I couldn't. They couldn't total the truck because of the value to damage. Well the adjuster found a buyer for $10,000.00 and they were willing to give me 17,000.00 for what they would be paying to fix the truck plus after they were able to declear that the other guy had no insurance that I also got an additional 2,800.00 for depretiation of the truck. So with all that combined I paid her off and was able to have a little left over for the next one.

Luckily I had no airbag burn. My sons seat always sits in the middle of the back for maximum saftey so they wouldn't get near him.

Man I wish I had taking pictures of the other guys truck, they had mine loaded up when I thought to get them then (I was so pissed of and shaken up along with comforting my son who was rightfully freaked out. The other guys trucks front in was so caved in that his wheels couldn't turn. That was the only reason all the witnesses beleiced he stopped. He ended up a
    whole block from us. (that was a good thing).

18. Jun 14, 2009 at 11:51 AM
    TEX357

TEX357 TX

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TACOMA
    285\70-17 BFGoodrich KM2's 17x8 Pro Comp 7089
    Your a good father and glad you and your son are ok!.. Wish they wouldve given you all the goodies the other one hadd!!

19. Jun 14, 2009 at 12:11 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    WOW! If you look at it and think "that thing was t-boned at 60", that's not really a lot of body damage. Granted the underside was totaled, the body is in relatively good condition. Did you manage to salvage any parts off it? (like the skid, roof racks, intake?)
    That is one awesome life story, you will make a great addition to our community! Very glad to have you here! :wave::drunk::cheers:

20. Jun 14, 2009 at 12:56 PM
    MEANGREENTACOMA09

Member:
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Tacoguy05! Only thing this one doesn't have that the other one did is the TRD cold air intake. But my new one has everything else the other one did plus a TRD cat back exhaust , silver oval the steps from Toyota an iPod interface cable and BFG all Terain tires inplace of the rugged trail on all five tires. Dealer thru the all terains in for free because they failed to comunicate that the truck wasn't ready because they had ordered the wrong exhaust. I was suppose to pick it up on a Tuesday afternoon around 3 whne I called and they said they were just then putting on the roof rack and would be taken over to get it detailed and ready by 4:30. I called b4 heading over and they then tell me it wouldn't be ready till the next morning at nine. I was agravatedbut said ok as long as it is ready when I get up there. So Wed morning my wife and son and I get up there at nine to pick her up. Then I see it has the standard exhasust and the hadn't even put on the silver skid plate up front and no one bothered to call me, I was pissed. I imediatly marched in the sales mngers office and told him I wanted to be conpesated for my time and left them with the impression that I was going to walk away from the whole deal. They called me on my cell 45 min later and offered to exchange and upgrade for free all 5 tires to the all terains. I took it and was glad they screwed up. I love my all terains :))

Products Discussed in

To Top