1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I think my Scion's Speedo is off...It must be broken

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Brunes, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Jun 13, 2009 at 4:04 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I took my Scion to New Orleans and back today...and the speedo was never off from my GPS by more than 1 mph at any speed...and the Odo was right on.

What is wrong with my ride??

2. Jun 13, 2009 at 5:34 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    may as well total it out now and save face....

3. Jun 13, 2009 at 5:39 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    What did I miss? The speedo must be broken but it is never off more than 1 mph....don't get it.

4. Jun 13, 2009 at 5:47 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Sarcasam....After the latest "My speedo is broken thread"....I'm just being a smart ass.

Hence the off topic post...

5. Jun 13, 2009 at 5:54 PM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    It's a Scion.

OK... that was ass, and not even true. I like the little 2-doors.

6. Jun 13, 2009 at 6:13 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    It's the wifes ride- She commutes about 60 miles each way to the office- and 31 mpgs is nothing to complain about. I was driving today cause we went house hunting in New Orleans-About a 3 hours drive.

Good thing too...Some asshole tried to run me off the road- Luckily I managed to lock the brakes up pretty good and slide just a bit off the road...I love my wife...but we woulda been screwed if she was at the wheel.

(PS-This thread is officially open season postwhoring....)

7. Jun 13, 2009 at 6:25 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    i almost got sideswiped by a new tundra on the road today....dumbass girl driving and trying to reach something behind the seat. i laid on the horn, but she still didnt hear it. must have had the radio blaring. told the wife that was just cause to get the train horns i want

8. Jun 13, 2009 at 7:07 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    It's a Scion...of course it's time to scrap it. :D

Have you guys ever gone to look at xB's and just sat in the back seat? Me and my friend almost fell asleep back there, soooooooooooooooooo f-in comfortable.

9. Jun 13, 2009 at 7:17 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    Hey Brunes,

I know somebody that's getting rid of a Mazda soon. I hear it's pretty good. Reliable, decent trans, electroluminescent gauges...the works. May as well trade down if you're thinking of trading at all.

10. Jun 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Mines not working either....I cant figure it out....

[​IMG]

11. Jun 13, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    the Tc isnt that bad of a car. we test drove one. However, the old Xb had a sewing machine engine in it. no pick up at all. it was slow as crap. hope the newer ones are faster.

12. Jun 13, 2009 at 7:42 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L

from what i remember, they put in a larger engine and cut some weight back by dropping the roof some

13. Jun 13, 2009 at 7:50 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Yeah...Ours is a tC... 166Hp...Plenty of pep to get around and get MPGs.
    Pretty nice looking too. It'll be better once I get the WO covers on the seats tmrw and get it detailed.

PS- Top Gun is a GREAT movie.

14. Jun 13, 2009 at 8:05 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    Yea, I took it for a drive, very nice car...you should consider! :D
    I'm stumped...:confused: lol

15. Jun 13, 2009 at 8:12 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    Well there's your problem! Your engine's too cold. Wait for it to warm up.

16. Jun 13, 2009 at 8:13 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    DOH!...Thanks man! :D

17. Jun 14, 2009 at 7:08 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I knew it as soon as I saw who posted this.

Stirring the pot? :D

18. Jun 14, 2009 at 7:16 AM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    It's in off topic...And just a lil stir...Nothing serious.:D

Products Discussed in

To Top