1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Permeable Pavers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 95SLE, May 22, 2013.

1. May 22, 2013 at 7:38 AM
    95SLE

95SLE [OP] Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Other than increase in cost over regular pavers can any landscapers give me the cons of using Permeable pavers for a walkway?

I am getting ready to start the process of hiring a contractor to install a paver walk way for me. I know the cost would be more but with the new storm water management fees that will be imposed in the next year the credit for using a permeable paver should help to lower that cost a little.

Here is a link to Permeable Pavers that my local stone store carries.

http://belgard.biz/environmental-pavers.htm

2. May 22, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Wow cool, bet those aren't cheap.
    I just did a patio with regular stone, wish I had seen these before I did my project.

3. May 23, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I have done some permeable paving on a job. Works great, so long as you have adequately draining soils. If you install them over heavy clay soils you are going to have a bad time. However, if your soils drain quickly, then the permeable paving is great. If the soils don't drain well where you are wanting to install these pavers, a french drain below the run of pavers is a great way to help shed the water off and away from the walk path.

4. May 24, 2013 at 3:57 AM
    95SLE

95SLE [OP] Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Thank you this is what I was looking for. On my property I have a 2ft layer of clay about 18 inches under the top soil.

Products Discussed in

To Top