1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A little advice?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SWCCBEE, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Jun 4, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    SWCCBEE

SWCCBEE [OP] So Cal Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Santa Rita, GU
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner, SR5, TRD Sport
    WeatherTech floor liners, In process of Debadge, Leveling kit, Tires, Limo tint, Custom TRD SPORT Decal, "ImMrYo" Rear view lifting bar, Ultra gauge, relocated horn.
  2. Jun 4, 2013 at 8:50 PM
    WHPLSH3

WHPLSH3 Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...

Member:
    First Name:
    Vance
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged Spruce Mica 6spd 4x4
    Build thread coming soon!
    Those tires are a nice compromise between ability and quiet, and not to far removed from what come on the Off Road models anyway. That little leveling kit is all I bought for mine, too. I didn't want to get too crazy with height, and it certainly helped in the snow!

3. Jun 4, 2013 at 9:08 PM
    SWCCBEE

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Santa Rita, GU
    Vehicle:
    WeatherTech floor liners, In process of Debadge, Leveling kit, Tires, Limo tint, Custom TRD SPORT Decal, "ImMrYo" Rear view lifting bar, Ultra gauge, relocated horn.
    Thanks!

4. Jun 4, 2013 at 9:10 PM
    ChiveOn

ChiveOn City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet

Member:
    A BC Boy in Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 6spd
    Plasti-Dipped Emblems, Tonnopro Tri-fold toneau cover (for winter use only), AVS in-channel visors, Ultra Gauge, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Muteki Trail Hog 285/70/17, Pop N' Lock, Bilstein 5100's in the front set at .85 with Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100's in the rear with a Toytec AAL. Toytec drivers side spacers, Toytec diff drop kit. All Pro u-bolt flip kit, TJM Compressor (permanently mounted), Custom rack for the RTT over the bed, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Toyota Bed Mat, Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio, and a lot of gear behind the seats.
    Decent combo

5. Nov 2, 2013 at 6:34 AM
    SWCCBEE

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Santa Rita, GU
    Vehicle:
    Ok, So I got the Autospringcorp spacers, and had to get a 1" block in the rear to level her out.

After getting here to Guam, I have realized I wanted to go a little higher. Also, when I pull up to most Tacos, I seem MUCH lower. I realize this is tires as well I am running P265/70R17 Nitto Dura Grapplers. So again I throw myself to the mercy of the TW knowledge base.

I will be getting my own X-mas gift of a lift this year, and am trying to figure out will this lift

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/3-lift-kit-with-Bilstein-5100-Height-Adj-Coilovers_p_364.html

even give me any higher ride?

Or should I go with a Icon stage one kit? (Don't know what stage one is) They are going to be on sale for cyber Monday.

Also, what height will I need UCAs, and new brake lines? I have heard 3" is the cutoff before you have to get crazy with things.

Thanks in advance.

6. Nov 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM
    SWCCBEE

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Santa Rita, GU
    Vehicle:
  7. Nov 4, 2013 at 5:40 AM
    SWCCBEE

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Santa Rita, GU
    Vehicle:
    Any thoughts?

8. Nov 4, 2013 at 6:35 AM
    TicoTRD

TicoTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tico
    Summerville, SC
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM SR5 AC
    honestly if u have the money id go icon stage 1 but instead of the rear blocks get the rear leaf pack. but i have OME and its a great lift kit for the price. Love it so far. but if i had the money i woulda gotten the icon.
    but as far as ucas, brakelines, etc....if your stock UCAs rub then you will need new ones. for instance if u get the OME kit w/o the top spacer (what i have, only 2.5" of lift in the front) then you will not need new UCAs because they will not rub. but if you were to go icon or even toytec 3" then you would need new UCAs. because after 2.5" of lift they will start to rub. and depending on how much off roading you do will depend on if u need new extended brakelines. because if u go serious offroading and flex out tour suspension to the max then yes you will need extended brakelines.

9. Nov 4, 2013 at 6:09 PM
    SWCCBEE

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Santa Rita, GU
    Vehicle:

Great info. Thanks. I dont plan on doing any real offroading. Just driving to dive sites, going over logs mostly.
    So, anything over 2.5" buy UCA's? Also will the stage one kit keep me level?

10. Nov 5, 2013 at 6:41 AM
    TicoTRD

TicoTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tico
    Summerville, SC
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM SR5 AC
    yep anything over 2.5" u need UCAs. not sure if the stage one kit keeps you level. but if ur just going to dive sites and runnin over logs id just get the OME kit.

Products Discussed in

To Top