1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed rack for roof top tent Santa Cruz Ca

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Q Source, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Jun 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    Q Source

Q Source [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    Supercharged, TRD Headers, URD 7th/SHORTIE 800cc injector, Snow Performance Water/Meth Kit, Deaver FJ59, Icon UCA, Fox Extended Travel Remote Resi, TG Front and Rear Bumpers, Deckplate Mod
    Im looking to get a roof top tent and I will need a bed rack to accommodate.

Does anyone know of a good local shop that could fab one up?

Cheers!

2. Jun 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM
    Cruisermansd

Cruisermansd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    03 taco trd
    CVT RTT, Frontrunner bed rack, allpro lift, TC arms, full skid plates, trail-gear front & rear bumpers, trail-gear sliders, ARB 50Q fridge. yakima rack, yakima rocket box, bike rack.
    Call Steve at Frontrunner, i just ordered a bed rack from him and it works awesome.

3. Jun 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM
    Cruisermansd

Cruisermansd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    03 taco trd
    CVT RTT, Frontrunner bed rack, allpro lift, TC arms, full skid plates, trail-gear front & rear bumpers, trail-gear sliders, ARB 50Q fridge. yakima rack, yakima rocket box, bike rack.
  4. Jun 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    Isn't pelfreybuit near you??

5. Mar 23, 2015 at 7:25 PM
    YodaTaco2001

YodaTaco2001 New Member

Member:
    Better late to the game then never - LOL! "Cruisermansd" says call Steve Who the hell is Steve & what is Front Runner??? Sorry took me 3 days of online searching to figure this whole thing out. I live in Colo. Springs, CO. Luckily I am persistant enough & wanted a Bed Rack for my 2001 Tacoma bad enough to figure it all out. I discovered there is a Steve at www.frontrunneroutfitters.com (I talked to Steve today 3/23/15). Steve was very nice & within 20 minutes sent me some photos (at my request) of the Bed Rack that would fit my 2001 Tacoma. I have to say, After receiving those Pics, I called Steve back with more questions, he answered them all to my satisfaction & I ordered his Aluminum Powder Coated (black) Bed Rack today (Part # KRLB002T) that weighs around 50 lbs for my 2001 Tacoma :) Steve said the load capacity on the Bed Rack is about 660 lbs which is amazing! I plan on putting a 2 person Roof Tent on it which by the way I found out Front Runners has a 2 person Roof Tent that weighs 88 lbs. I told Steve that his 88 lbs Roof Tent (which I would put on top of my Bed Rack) would be a contender in my Roof Tent search for sure. NOTE: Photos are the Truck Bed Rack I purchased but not my Truck - When I get my Front Runner Truck Bed Rack on my Tacoma, I will post those Pics :)

Tacoma 1.jpg
    Tacoma 2.jpg

6. Mar 28, 2015 at 10:01 AM
    Over da Hill

Over da Hill "Roads...where we're going we don't need roads"

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    15 Black Taco 4WD DC SB SC
    Supercharger, Icon stage 3 suspension, Pelfreybilt Armor, All-Pro Sliders & Leaf Pack, 17 inch Black Rhino Sidewinder wheels, 33 inch Toyo tires, Rigid Lighting, SPod,
  7. Mar 28, 2015 at 7:08 PM
    YodaTaco2001

YodaTaco2001 New Member

Member:
    Ok, I said I would post a few pics of my new "Front Runner" Bed Rack, so here they are...

Just got the "Front Runner Slimline II" Bed Rack put on that I ordered from www.frontrunneroutfitters.com It is Powder-Coated Aluminum and weighs in at around 50 to 60 pounds total. I did a lot of looking around on the Internet before I purchased this Bed Rack. I went with this one for a few reasons. I wanted off the bed, but below the roof, as I want to put a Roof-Tent on the bed rack that will allow me to leave it on my truck & still be able to park my truck in my garage (I may be tired or just lazy after a camping trip & not want to take the tent off right away & still want my truck & tent to be secure in my garage until I get around to taking the tent off my truck. Or I might want to put the tent on my truck a day or two prior to the camping trip & still have everything secure in my garage ready to go. Also, I don't have the skills or equipment to make myself a bed rack & do not know anyone that could have made me one. I figured even if I located someone in a fab shop that could have made me one, the dollar figure would have been up there anyway. "Front Runner" has about 80 different accessories for this one & I liked the platform style of it as I can envision multiple functions it can serve. Most of all, I wanted a lightweight Bed-Rack that was robust & could handle all my wants & needs. The guys over at "Front Runner" said this thing can handle about 660 pounds of weight. I am looking at around a 90 to 100 pound Roof-Tent, so Bed Rack & tent coming in around 150 to 160 pounds is not bad I would say! Everything adds up, so I wanted the two biggest things to be as light as possible! Just wanted to share.

Web Pic #1.jpg
    Web Pic #2.jpg
    Web Pic #3.jpg
    Web Pic #4.jpg
    Web Pic #5.jpg

8. Mar 28, 2015 at 11:42 PM
    Willbeck

Willbeck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Huntington Beach
    Vehicle:
    00 Reg Cab 4x4
    Bug deflector
    What size did you end up with?

9. May 30, 2015 at 4:50 AM
    1eyedclyde

1eyedclyde Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    New Castle,CO
    Vehicle:
    15 DCLB Limited, 01 AC V6
    This is a super nice setup, not cheap at all though. Good find!

Products Discussed in

To Top