1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cadillac ATS

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by TacOffRoad11, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Jun 12, 2013 at 3:09 PM
    TacOffRoad11

TacOffRoad11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Georgetown, KY
    Vehicle:
    '18 F150 XLT
    Last week while I was having tires put on my truck, I had the privilege of driving a 2013 Cadillac ATS. Have to love having a mother in law who sells Cadillacs for a living. One thing I took away after driving it for a few days, I don't like it.

I knew Cadillac was trying to become more youth geared, but this thing rode like an old tractor. Now granted, it is an all wheel drive with run flat tires but wow!

Now, the only plus side was the power. More than once I looked down and noticed I was setting on 90 on the interstate. Luckily, none of my police buddies were out. :spy:

Just curious, has there ever been something that you were excited to drive only to be let down?

2. Jun 12, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    TacOffRoad11

TacOffRoad11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Georgetown, KY
    Vehicle:
    '18 F150 XLT
    Sadly youre right. GM is winning. The new Silverado/Sierra is bad@$$ and I have always been a fan of the CTS. Especially the V. But I like high performance. I guess thats why my dream car is a Lexus LFA!

[​IMG]

I really wish Toyota would come out with something like the Supra again.

3. Jun 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM
    anotherreject

anotherreject Well-Known Member

Member:
    Im sure yota will come out with another supra, they are missing out on a big chunk of the market. It woukd be badass if it looked the same as the last generation with a updated interior and engine. As far as the Cadillac i wont ever buy a new gm vehicle, they lost my trust.

4. Jun 12, 2013 at 7:11 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    I'd wanna drive one once the new TT 3.6 makes it under the hood probably in the V version.

5. Jun 16, 2013 at 5:59 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    same here. the last gm vehicle I bought was the "new Impala" In the first year the master cylinder went out, the brake rotors warped, the a/c went out (while on vacation in the outer banks) and warning lights would come on for no good reason.

6. Jun 18, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    BriansZ

BriansZ Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 PreRunner DCSB
    My wife has an ATS and I love driving it. It's a nice change from the truck. Of course, we're big GM fans. I've had several f-bodies ('97 'z28, '99 ss, and '01 ws6), '06 Tahoe Z71, '02 Grand Prix GTP, etc, so I'm loyal to GM. Our ATS is a 2.0T, and while it could use a little more power it's handling is better than anything else we drove with four doors, except for maybe the X3. I was unimpressed with the new 3-series cars, and if the x3 was available in rwd we probably would've went with that. No need for awd in Austin.

As far as cars that I've been unimpressed with, the 5th gen Camaro comes to mind. I test drove one and didn't care for it. I ended up going over to Ford and buying a '11 Mustang GT instead.

Products Discussed in

To Top