1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Daytime Running Lights - Burnt, Cracked and out

Discussion in 'New Members' started by TexasJoey, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Jun 18, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    TexasJoey

TexasJoey [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    McAllen,TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4WD TRD Off Road Package
    3'' ProComp Lift Kit 17x9 KMC XD Series Enduro Matte Black Nitto Trail Grappler M/Ts 285/70-17
    Well both my daytime running light covers have been burnt and cracked for some time, but now the front left DTR light is completely out. When I signal left, the turn signal indicator clicks very fast because it recognizes it the light is out.

I contacted my local dealer service department but they just told me if it is not under warranty it won't be covered - No goodwill repair here. My truck has 50K miles. I do not want to pay $1000+ to replace both lenses and I don't think Toyota will ever make this a recall or they would have done it already. :mad:

Anybody have any advice, suggestions, solutions?

South Padre Island tacoma meet is next month!

IMG_7236.jpg
    IMG_7235.jpg

2. Jun 18, 2013 at 9:27 AM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    They want a grand to take out 2 lens?!? Just take them apart and take the lens and be done with them...

3. Jun 23, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    johnson910413

johnson910413 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Samuel
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM DC TRD Offroad
    10% Tint, Bull bar, Silver star ultra's, LED Dome Light, ARE Tonneao cover, Two 10" subs, 1000w amp, Exhaust tip. Weather tech mats <3
    A thousand dollars cant be right just for some bulbs and glass?? i just need to replace the bulb and my blinker goes crazy now to.

4. Jun 23, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    Raceline08

Raceline08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Santa Rosa, ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 DBC SB 4x4 TRD Offroad
    front Billies, 885x coils, taco lean spacer, TC UCA'S, Magnaflow 22" OME Dakars, Billy 110 rear's, B.A.M.F CMC, custom made E-locker guard
    Welcome

5. Jun 24, 2013 at 6:34 AM
    TexasJoey

TexasJoey [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    McAllen,TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4WD TRD Off Road Package
    3'' ProComp Lift Kit 17x9 KMC XD Series Enduro Matte Black Nitto Trail Grappler M/Ts 285/70-17
    Well, it's because they said they have to replace the entire headlight on both sides. I'm going to try and find a repair place that will just replace the bulbs and either replace the plastic lenses or just get rid of them completely.

6. Jun 24, 2013 at 6:44 AM
    Redfox1

Redfox1 'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Santa Paula, CA and SLO
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Sport TRD
    Browning Floor Mats, 275/70/17 BFG All-Terrain T/A's, Procomp 7089 wheels,Rear Spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's, LED roof light, seatbelt chime disabled, CB, UWS Toolbox,
    Mine are the same. I just replaced the bulb when it went out though... Was about 5 bucks for both. I don't think anyone realizes the lens looks like shot unless they are really looking hard

7. Jun 24, 2013 at 6:47 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Who gives a shit, take it to the right area of forum

welcome to TW

8. Jul 13, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    VinnyMack

VinnyMack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Buda, Tx
    Vehicle:
    07' PreRunner DC LB
    Brute Force Hybrid w/ custom Longhorn cutout, Satoshi w/ Hella 500's, Wet Okole's, Kenwood DDX419 CD/DVD Player, Fog Lamp Mod, BHLM, Blacked-out badges/grill/roof/valence, 5100's up front @ 1.75, 1.25" Spidertrax, TacomaWorld Sticker, extra D-Rings and custom bed mat, interior LED lighting, and Car Seat Mod.
    I heard or saw that you could take the whole headlight off the truck, hold it upside down and stick a pair of wire cutters or tin snip though the bulb whole and push the blinker lens to pop it loose. After that you can break it in pieces with the cutters and remove in pieces instead of breaking the whole housings apart.....never have tried it but just what I have heard!;)

9. Jul 13, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    hotrod45

hotrod45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    sarasota fl
    Vehicle:
    16 sr 5 access cab
    go down to the lights section of the forum and read my post from yesterday about the headlight housings. you have no choice other than to replace both of them. toyota has issued replacement upgraded parts so they won't burn. well, tough shit because i cut the wire to my DTRL's so they don't work any more.

Products Discussed in

To Top